1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BassCliff needs a sub!!

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by BassCliff, May 3, 2017.

1. rmars

rmars Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2004
    Bettendorf, Ia
    Hey BassCliff, I've seen your gig posts around here but had never seen your YouTube stuff till today. Just watched some of the KRB stuff and I must say "hats off to you sir!". Very nice work. I have a pretty limited singing range so I've never bothered to develop those kind of multitasking chops. I appreciate seeing someone who can really play that can also sing and harmonize....apparently with easy. Excellent playing and tone. Really inspired me to raise my game if I get called for a country gig again. Cheers!
    nixdad, BurnOut and BassCliff like this.
  2. EdwardofHuncote

EdwardofHuncote I Still Dream of Jeannie Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    You're a class act BassCliff, a credit to the job of 'bassman', and a very tough act to follow in KRB. :thumbsup:
  3. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    This belongs in the classifieds for bass players wanted, but I'll leave this here for a little while for the entertainment value of responses from desperate musicians looking for a cherry gig.

I'm sure there's a TBer with vocal ability out there that knows lots of female Country songs. But that would just keep things status quo. What Kelly really needs is a Korean bass player that sings a killer version of 'Family Tradition' to set the band apart and take her to the next level. I bet no other band in Cali has that. And the fact that he would work for airfare just to take his family to Disneyland is just too heartwarming of a tale to pass up.
  4. inanimate_carb

Aug 11, 2016
    I wish this opportunity was closer to me. I wouldn't get the job because the same 5 well-connected guys get ALL the work in my city, but it would be nice to at least try!:roflmao:
    Fat Freddy and BassCliff like this.
  5. I'm going to echo EdwardofHuncote, Cliff. This is a classy move. I seem to learn something from every one of your posts. This one has been no exception.
    nixdad and BassCliff like this.
  6. twinjet

twinjet What does God need with a starship?

Sep 23, 2008
  7. TedH

TedH Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Westchester, NY
    ^^this. Good luck finding a replacement and with the new gig Cliff. :)
  8. hermetic

hermetic Supporting Member

May 10, 2016

There you go.

Seriously, it's awesome your career is just taking off. I can't thank you enough for your participation on this forum. I'm certain your bass playing/singing, and most important, showmanship is as stellar as your gig posts.
  9. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    best of luck finding the right player, BassCliff. i'll do a little asking around.

wish i could, but am still rehabbing my shoulder, which has been a several year process so far.
  10. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest Gold Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    I am willing to step in and eat the food and take pictures of the food.
    Mike N, McG, dbase and 6 others like this.
  11. I've got a decent curiosity about this. I'll PM you tomorrow with more details. :) :thumbsup:
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
    nbsipics and BassCliff like this.
  12. Brother Goose

Brother Goose The Process IS the Reward!

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    God Is Love
    Good luck! i must now share the obligatory

"If this were a 4 string/fretless/on the east coast I'd be all over this"
  13. Nickweissmusic

Nickweissmusic Knows all intervals from one Fred, to Juan octave Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 26, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    I teach lessons and perform live music in and around San Diego CA. Sometimes I even make money doing it!
    Looks like a fun band. For anyone in OC on the fence about something like that, I'll tell you I'm not a country boy, but had a ton of fun as first call player in a regional, occasionally national Jimmy Buffett tribute band, as well as subbing for a friend's modern country band. Coming from a jazz and variety background, I learned a lot about discipline and less-is-more playing, and the fans were ready to have a good time. I'd have inquired myself but OC's just too much of a reach from SD with little kids at home. Woulda slid right in too, already sing Wagon Wheel and Amie ;) good playing, singing, and congrats on needing a sub, that means it's working :)
  14. BurnOut

BurnOut It's The Billy Baloney Show Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    Dear Mr Cliff,
    Now you know why The Creepy Puppet Guy has been appearing here lately. I was part of a bigger plan for the future. When do you need me to fly out. I'll get to packing immediately. I'm really stoked about this. It won't be easy, but I shall give it my best effort.
    Just kidding, that's really being a great bandmate making sure they remain in a good place after your departure. Another fine example of your professional musicianship. Good on you!

Your Fan,
    BassCliff, Fat Freddy and nixdad like this.
  15. TheBear

TheBear Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Man, after creeping on your threads for a few years now and seeing the clientele you play for I'd seriously consider moving to the West Coast for this! Best of luck with both groups until you have to choose one!
    johnnyplaysbass, BassCliff and nixdad like this.
  16. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Thanks for that info .. now I know where you hide your money ;)
    BurnOut, McG and BassCliff like this.
  17. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    That's me too ... brother. but it's 10pm for me up at 6am.
    BurnOut and BassCliff like this.
  18. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Not only that, but I need an excuse to fly my family to the left coast Disney anyway. And a Korean singing country would just about do it. Please keep me updated on contract negotiations so that I can plan accordingly. ;)

Off topic alert: I used to play in a 4 piece band years ago. White guys on drums and bass (yes, white rhythm section) and to African Americans on keys and guitar. I don't know what messed with our audiences more....the funk music with a white rhythm section or Sweet Home Alabama with one black guy on guitar and the other singing. We had a lot of fun with it. I would get on the mic when he started Sweet home on guitar and say "Do not adjust your television sets. You are seeing what you're seeing." I would always take a short bass solo during the funk medley (you know, the 15 minute funk in E every band did in the 80s and 90s) and the singer would say "Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for the white guy on bass". :D

Yes, this thread has entertainment value as well as helping a cyber buddy help his friends.

Best of luck with your hunt, Cliff! If I were on the crazy coast I would jump all over it for you and fill in so you could stay in both.
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  19. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Wow Cliff sad to see this but fully understand. That true Willy trib band looks great and the opportunities do as well. I was shocked to see what your pay range was in the KRB..shocked! I knew you guys did well but geeez :woot: I wish I had the talent and lived in that area.
    BassCliff and Fat Freddy like this.
  20. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    You know, it may take three guys to fill the spot: One to sing, one to play and one to eat food/take pics. I'm highly qualified for the food/pics gig. Plus I live in the area. Wonder if they will cut me in for a full share :D
    Fat Freddy likes this.