BassCliff w/ANB at Gilley's, Vegas 6/4-5/21

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by BassCliff, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Mind if I ask what that little Squier is? One of the new Mini P's with some mods?

Just curious. My son has artwork on both of my Musicmasters and my daughters are pressuring me to acquire another bass so they can take part in decorating one. :thumbsup:

G19Tony likes this.
  2. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi Chris,

@G19Tony can tell you more. I know he's upgraded the pickups. Other than that I think it's pretty stock...

Mini Precision Bass® | Squier Electric Basses

upload_2021-6-7_16-17-5.png

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Treblefree and WI Short Scaler like this.
  3. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    "a chilly 97" eh :D

BassCliff likes this.
  4. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi Scott,

Yeah, I thought I'd have to turn on the heater. :roflmao: It was 113* on the way up. ;)

BassCliff

bluesblaster likes this.
  5. G19Tony

G19Tony

Apr 27, 2018
    Las Vegas, NV
  6. Treblefree

Treblefree

Apr 8, 2016
    I was wondering too. I think I just found my next bass. You can buy a good pickup for a couple hundred and have a fun and great sounding bass for about $400. I bought an Ibanez Mikro on a whim because I saw it in a store and it was cute. I pretty much immediately put some good Aguilar PJ Pups into it and it sounds awesome and is so much fun to play. I ended up buying a G&L and SBMM SS as well because I enjoyed the Mikro so much. No problem for me switching between normal and short scales.

WI Short Scaler and BassCliff like this.
  7. Joshua Pickenpaugh

Joshua Pickenpaugh

Apr 16, 2001
    ICT
    Thanks for the epic gig report, @BassCliff ! That sushi looks amazing!

BassCliff likes this.
  8. Thanks for the info Tony. I have a Nordstrand in my Musicmaster and it's really nice. I have a Sentell single coil spaced humbucker that I'd love to put in a mini P. But never cut a guard before and I like my fingers where they are. I figured one of these basses could become a great canvas for my daughters to do some artwork on.

BassCliff and G19Tony like this.
  9. G19Tony

G19Tony

Apr 27, 2018
    Las Vegas, NV
    See this thread for Squier Mini content.

The Squier Mini Precision Bass Club

BassCliff and WI Short Scaler like this.
  10. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    That was a ton of fun Cliff! For you AND your viewing audience. :cool:

I think Hank had more pedals. :p

11. Wow..... @BassCliff such an amazing report as always!!!! Love the pics and love that you are back at it!!! Miss hanging with you guys and hope to you all soon!

BassCliff likes this.
  12. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Thanks Ross!

Dang! That reminds me. I haven't sent out invites yet for our Zoom GTG. I'll do that today and hopefully some of will be available tomorrow night (Thursday, 6/10) at the usual time. I won't be able to next week so let's do it this week.

BassCliff

Thumpinshelton likes this.
  13. Tony In Philly

Tony In Philly Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Filthydelphia, USA
    Glad to finally see the handiwork that came out of all this. I know you were looking forward to it from our group Zoom chat in your hotel room. Same HVAC scenery you showed us - haha! Anyway, great photos and glad the gig went well!

BassCliff likes this.
  14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021