1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BassCliff w/ANB at Rockin' R Ranch Rescue Benefit, 7/10/19

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by BassCliff, Jul 11, 2019.

1. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hello my friends,

It was a hectic but fun event at The Ranch where this benefit was hosted. The Rockin' R Ranch is a horse rescue ranch with locations in Orange County and another outside of Dallas. We'll start the festivities with Andrew, the owner of The Ranch, announcing the emcee and donating $1000 to the cause.

[​IMG]

Our M.C. was David Bugenske from the LA radio station Go Country 105.

[​IMG]

This is Cole and the other owners of the Rockin' R Ranch thanking everyone for their generosity.

[​IMG]

Throughout the evening we backed a number of local recording artists as they performed tributes to 90s country music. This is Kevin Click.

[​IMG]

I see a bass face.

[​IMG]

Randy likes to geek the camera while he's slippin' and slidin'.

[​IMG]

Next to our old friend Daniel, on fiddle, is Jed Seneca, a new addition to the band. He's one of Arnie's friends from Nashville who's recently relocated.

[​IMG]

Amanda took her turn with some 90s country songs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There were auction and raffle items.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scotty Mac performed. One number was a duet with Amanda.

[​IMG]

Then Morgan Leigh took the stage to sing some Shania and Dixie Chicks.

[​IMG]

Eli V sat in and tore up some Keith Urban.

[​IMG]

Shannon Rae and Amanda teamed up to do some Judds.

[​IMG]

Daniel Bonte looks a little like Mark Chesnutt. Daniel was out in Vegas last week and sat in with us.

[​IMG]

Michael Austin closed the show. He'll be touring with Ted Nugent this summer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pictures in the next post. Thanks for looking!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  2. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi!

Glam shots after the show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Morgan brought part of her band to sing a song with her.

[​IMG]

Sorry there's no food shots. All the paying customers got the buffet tonight but the performers did not get a meal comped. Oh well. It was a ton of fun and we were able to raise some funds for the horse rescue. We'll be back at The Ranch this weekend after we play a park concert tonight. I hope all of your gigs go great!

BassCliff

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  3. What a cool and productive gig, thanks as always for sharing.

I had to do a double take to be sure I hadn't missed the food shot. :smug:

Sore Thumb, Wisebass and BassCliff like this.
  4. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Hi Cliff :)

Wow!!! That was quite a gig! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

That 's very interesting! :D

What? No hay for the working horses? :laugh:

btw: I love horses, how many did you take home? :D

thx a lot for sharing! Excellent report! :thumbsup:

greetings

Wise(b)ass

JRA, pablomago and BassCliff like this.
  5. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi guys!

Sorry. I'll get to the food shots this weekend. The Ranch is really good about fixing us supper when we play on the weekends. :)

For some reason one of my picture links would not work so I deleted it. I did not take home a horse, wish I could. I think I will get a chance to visit this rescue ranch in the near future. I wonder if Mrs. BassCliff would fall for the old, "It followed me home. Can I keep it?" routine. ;)

I've got a few personal pictures, from the bass player perspective, in the next post. Thanks!

BassCliff

6. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

When I left the office to sojourn down to The Ranch I was a bit perturbed at the construction on my way to the freeway. CalTrans had just gotten my route fixed up so that it was quick and convenient. Oh well.

[​IMG]

Thankfully this was just a very minor delay and the freeway commute was pretty smooth. I made it down to The Ranch speedy quick.

[​IMG]

These are some hefty doors. The soundguy left one ajar for me to load in.

[​IMG]

Right at the end of the ramp Big Betsy will wait patiently for me along with all the other band vehicles.

[​IMG]

This is the calm before the storm.

[​IMG]

Arnie was putting the final touches on the stage. He even taped set lists to the floor for everyone.

[​IMG]

Amanda brought horseshoe wine bottle holders for all of the artists. We also got new upholstery in the green room. Nice!

[​IMG]

I'm right outside the stage door looking at the stage. It's a fabulous performance venue.

[​IMG]

Before the show we gather just inside the back door, there's a little anteroom, to go over some arrangements and vocal harmonies.

[​IMG]

I don't use a rig on this stage (direct with IEMs) so here's a shot of my basses and Arnie's gear.

[​IMG]

It was a standing room only crowd tonight. All the seating had been sold.

[​IMG]

John is recovering nicely from his surgery. He still needs help schlepping gear. The bass player is nice enough to lend a hand.

[​IMG]

The bass player's perspective just before the music starts. Cole is speaking to the crowd.

[​IMG]

Of course there were last second changes to the set list, a change of order, change of key, two additions, etc.

[​IMG]

We had our fun and then the bass player helped the keyboard player. Normally we would just leave our gear set up but we had to strike it to play tonight.

[​IMG]

Just for grins and giggles, here's a picture of me actually playing my Fender JBS. I felt Amanda's song, "Healing When I Ride", deserved the vintage sound and feel.

[​IMG]

BassCliff

7. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    I am always up for charity gigs, hope they raised a bunch.

Touring with ol' sweaty teddy this summer huh ( M. Austin) :Doh lucky him

Sore Thumb and BassCliff like this.
  8. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

A little cell phone video of Kevin Click.

BassCliff

9. growlypants

growlypants

Nov 10, 2012
    Atlanta
    VERY nice, I must say! And, by the way, Miss Amanda looks absolutely spec-TAC-ular!!! (Maybe it's just the hat, but I kinda' doubt it!!). Thanks for posting, as always - can't wait for the week end!

10. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Yes, ma'am...

64237290_2259105664168890_2463669231841968128_n.

11. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

impressive crowd/lineup/playdown! neat gig! too bad about the food --- but i know you'd have liked food pics, too. thanks for sharing the experience, cliff --- another great gig and report! :thumbsup:

12. Admiral Akbar

Admiral Akbar

Mar 12, 2013
    New York
    Cliff -

Killing pics, and great to see a nice video of you guys! I’d love to see and hear more videos of you guys. :). Thank you for sharing with us!

13. Koog

Koog Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Central Iowa USA
    Great job, Cliff. Keep up the good work. I really enjoy reading your reports.

Koog

Keyser Soze and BassCliff like this.
  14. Great job

BassCliff likes this.
  15. FenderB

FenderB

Mar 28, 2016
    Findlay, Ohio
    Entertaining as always Cliff, plus you sure do surround yourself with good looking women.

Bunk McNulty and BassCliff like this.
  16. from gilley girls to these beauties , ……….livin the life mr.cliff. great report , great cause !
    cheers !

BassCliff and Sore Thumb like this.
  17. G19Tony

G19Tony

Apr 27, 2018
    Las Vegas, NV
    Great gig, @BassCliff ! It's nice to see you playing the humble 4 string bass. :)

BassCliff likes this.
  18. Excellent report Mr Cliff! I think 90’s country is - in general - the best country. Good songwriting, clever lyrics, fun to play, and plenty of danceability in there to win over the crowd. Looks like it was an awesome night!

Nevada Pete, BassCliff and Sore Thumb like this.
  19. Your living the dream, brother! That's quite a line up y'all got there. Especially Amanda! You look good too, though.

Question: Which one is "Big Betsy"? I see me a Ford, a Ram, and two oughta-mo-beals. Don't say nothing about no "Big Betsy" on any of em.

I also wish to add please: Morgaaaaaaaaaaaaan! God!

BassCliff likes this.
  20. slagheap

slagheap

Dec 23, 2011
    that's a mostly fun set list. i dig 90s country. the current stuff is s***.

Nevada Pete and BassCliff like this.