BassClub Chicago

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bgartist, Dec 12, 2005.

1. bgartist

bgartist Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Have any of the Chicago area guys been to BassClub in Alsip? Its a new small bass only shop with lots of high end gear.
  2. I started to buy a bass from them a while back until I found out how much of a dufus the sales people were that i talked to. they had no idea what they were talking about :meh:
  3. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    i've been there- it's really a nice little place. so much beautiful gear that i can't afford... i only talked to mark(?) the owner, and he was very knowledgable, patient and friendly.
  4. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    We had the chicago gtg there a while back. He has an amazing collection of High-end basses, Elrick, Tobias, Modulus, US Spector, Zon, not to mention the wall of Laklands. No shortage of nice amps either. I didn't really spend any time talking to the owner since we were all busy with the GTG though.
  5. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I was also there for the Chicago gtg. Great place! Lots of really nice gear. I hope to buy something from them in the future.
  6. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I just talked to Mark for the first time last night, funny enough. He called and just wanted to find out what I was about, what brands I carried, etc. From the sound of things, he will be operating a very different type of shop than I do, so it should be a win-win for the bass players of Chicago, Wisconsin, eastern Iowa, and the northwest corner of Indiana. :hyper: :bassist:
  7. bgartist

bgartist Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL

Hey! Someone PM me the next time there is a Chicago gtg. I'd love to meet you all.
  8. willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    popped in and checked it out,mark is a very cool guy and is trying to do some cool thing's.
  9. Good Day TBers,

Mark is a hell-of-a-guy/owner. He walks and talks bass. He refers people to 1st hand bass techs. He is totally customer service oriented. One may not like his "selection", however he does carry a full spectrum of basses and amplification for beginners and professionals. :bassist:

Peter Paul
  10. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    That's very cool. I was actually wondering about the two of you being in the same relative area.
  11. Bass Club Mark

Bass Club Mark

Dec 21, 2005
    Bass Club Chicago
    Hey TB'ers. I'm Mark from Bass Club and I just registered with Talkbass today. First let me say, thanks for all the kind words. I opened the shop 4 months ago in August and let me say Chicago has been long over due for a shop that caters to bass players.

A little about myself...
    I've been an active bass player for around 20 years. I've written & recorded a few CD's that have sold thousands of copies around the world. I've performed from L.A. to N.Y., and still perform regularly in the Chicago area. I've had a few years in retail and teaching before openning Bass Club last summer. I may not know what kind of fret wire is on every one of my 70 or so instruments in stock without looking it up, but I do promise to offer the best in gear to whomever passes through my shop.

Check my website for more scoop or call anytime.

(708) 385-3521
    (877) 385-3521 toll free outside Illinois
  12. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Mark, link is not quite right. I can figure it out though. Good luck with the store.
  13. eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    Hey Mark, I was just in your store Monday and bought the Schroeder 410. So far so good. I'll be showin' it to the 'guys' Sat. nite at practice.
    This sure beats guessing at buying stuff online and hoping you like it after the fact. Now I have gas for the Modulus Quantum I played. All decent pricing too. A set 5 string set of DR black beauties were only $33. Just strings has them at $40. and I checked the prices on some of the basses he carries and there's no messing around here. All legitimate prices.
  14. Bass Club Mark

Bass Club Mark

Dec 21, 2005
    Bass Club Chicago
    My site's been going through a few incarnations, but that is the correct & current link above. Since I consider myself a bass player first and a retailer second, I really don't have the heart to charge excessive prices for gear. If I can offer you a fair price, I'll do it. I should also be in a position to match a competive offer, so don't be shy about asking if I can meet a situation. My main focus now is to bring lots of lines to Chicago that haven't been well represented (Lakland, Aguilar, Zon, Elrick, Tobias, Epifani, Schroeder, etc.). I just added Sadowsky and will be getting my first Fodera next week.
    If I don't have the quality bass gear you're looking for, Blueberry Hill probably does. Between Jay & I, we should have Chicago bass players covered.
  15. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    True True. Its missing the .com
  16. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Mark, JP, are you guys going to be at NAMM this month?
  17. Bass Club Mark

Bass Club Mark

Dec 21, 2005
    Bass Club Chicago
    Sorry about the website goof. Yes, add the " .com "

eots - Hope the boys like the new Schroeder 410. Although your guitarist might not like the fact that you can now keep up with him in the 'volume' department. Pleasure to help you out. Let me know when you're ready for the Q5.

Jive1 - No, I wont be going to the Cali NAMM. I had planned on it, but am afraid I'm too busy to get away now. Have a great time if you're going.
  18. Me, too!

I just found out about the bass club. I plan to go there this weekend and give myself more GAS.

Well, the fact that Mark is on TB makes him knowledgable and cool. :cool:

Hey Mark, try to get the store (on the website) up soon plz!

19. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    I also attended the GTG a couple of months ago. That store is like a bass player's dream. I have never been in any store that had the variety of basses and amps that you have Mark. I am really thinking about one of your Skylines in the not too distant future. My friend John just got a Schroeder from you and he is loving it more each day.