Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bassculture instrument experiences?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by elros, Jun 2, 2004.

1. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Hi all,

I'd like to hear from you if you have tried, or own, a Bassculture instrument (from Germany). I would particularly like to hear about any extended range basses from this guy (guys?) - basses with six or more strings.
    Anything and everything: sound, feel, look (pictures! :cool: )...
    I haven't found much info on these instruments anywhere, only some good words about the pickups.
    If these instruments play and sound as good as they looks, though,
    [​IMG]
    they ought to be very nice indeed.

peace out,

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I know Christoph Dolf's fretless basses are awesome, never played an ER bass of his though. He makes nice medium and shortscale basses too.

3. Looks cool - maybe if you email them, they will send you pics of an extended-range bass. If they do - please post!

Johann

4. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    I will probably do that, as it seems no-one here has ever played one.
    Eh, bump. :)

5. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    I've only played one for about 5 minutes, and it was about two years ago - but I still remember that the sound was cool, nice singing fretless "mwaah".

Christoph Dolf actually works about 10-15min from me and I have been in his shop 3 times. He's a great guy, much attention to detail and he stands behind his products.

6. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Cool, thanks. You haven't tried a fretted instrument? His web page states that he makes fretted basses as well as fretless ones, but all three bass guitars pictured on his web page are fretless. Perhaps fretless is his speciality?

Anyway, I sent an e-mail today asking for information. Will tell how it goes.

7. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Well, he didn't provide any photos :( but he would gladly build me a bass :) - the price quote was also quite attractive. Perhaps mr. Christoph will be the one to build me my seven-string? Perhaps the single-cut ORCA model? That would be sweet!

EDIT - He'll send photos later! :D :hyper:
    And yes, they will probably show up here if I can somehow contrive it.

8. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    well, when i was in his shops i saw just as much fretted basses as fretless ones. :)