Basses and Gas and Amps and Gas and Basses and Gas....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Dec 18, 2001.

1. I need more basses

8 vote(s)
  2. I need more amps

6 vote(s)
  3. I need more basses and amps

11 vote(s)
  4. I need nothing as I am complete and relatively at peace in the universe

6 vote(s)
  1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Been wanting to aks this for a while.

I've noticed that I obsess like crazy over basses, jones for them, spend my rent money on them, drool over them, long for them, etc.

I could give a rats butt about amps though.

Does this mean I'm content with the Peavey combo I have or is there something much deeper lurking behind this one sided obsession. Hmmm.......

What do you obsess on, bass, amps or both.
  2. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    basses, amps, cabs, guitars, amps, tubes, pedals, drums, cymbals and an LP shaker.

I voted 'happy'. Wanting stuff and getting it are different. I am most happy with my gear when I am on stage playing it or through it. I am least happy with my gear and the amounts of it when I read any post by JT Brad or Nino (I'm smiling guys). I have GAS for an F bass (one of each of course) 6 months ago I had never heard of F bass. Flame maple is the work of the devil I say...
  3. I get GAS for basses only. Having said that I've only got one bass:( :D

I sinply don't have the means to pay for GAS. Unless, that is, I actually make a few £ from this music thing, then I'll probably look for bass #2:p

4. I NEED a decent rig!

I probably will get it too, because I have a scholarship to university so I dont have to pay fees!:D
  5. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Now that I'm getting all that I want in basses, I've turned my zeal on the amps!
    (Que Jaws music)
  6. bb77

Oct 13, 2001
    For my plans in next 10 years I'll have like 8 more basses and 3 or 4 amps
  7. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I voted amps. Non of my basses are top of the line models, but they get the job done and I'm quite happy with them. My 100 watt crate combo though, is another story. It's not to bad being miked through the PA at gigs. But I still want with more kick and I'm not fond of it's tone.
  8. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    Pretty much the same for me. You have no idea how hard it is to moderate Amps and HAVE to read post after post about SWR, Eden, etc. and have rampant GAS!

Having said that, I could do with a nice new bass or eight. I just want EVERYTHING!! :eek:;)
  9. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Ditto the amp thang since the double :D

Specifically cabs

...give me 12's, lotsa' 12's, under starry skies above :p

Leaning towards Aguilar GS112's

Found a pic of a Berg HT112 :)

10. Shornick

Shornick Scot Hornick

Dec 18, 2001
    Got to say I want one of everything. Actually as for basses, only really looking for two more, for now. The amp thing is never ending. Have just about narrowed it down but than a new day passes.
  11. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Now that I finally have both a Walter Woods head and a pre-CBS Precision, I guess I've run out of holy grails to search for.

Well, maybe a Pollman.....;)
  12. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I voted basses. I'm very happy with the ones I own... I don't *need* a Modulus SweetSpot Wide5, or a Reverend Brad Houser... but I still *want*. Plus, it's cool to have different colors/woods.

I'm fully satisfied with my amp rigs. I would really love to have a vintage SVT, but then I'd need a bigger vehicle, and a roadie. :)
  13. mcbosler

May 12, 2000
    Plano, TX
    I WAS happy with my belongings...a bass to play on stage, one to practice on, and a fretless just for fun, all through a Carvin rig: R600, 1x18, and a 4x10. But then, but then!!! The 118 died!!! Oh, so sad...:(
  14. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I have GAS for some things, but mostly what I have is a curiosity to fing *the* bass. What we need is to rent out a hangar somewhere and have every manufacturer bring one of their basses for people to check out.

I think my bass stable is complete. My weakest link is my GK 400RB which sounds great. What I need is a decent portable combo for smaller venues, so I'll say amps.
  15. To tell you the truth I find that no matter how much Gear or how many Basses I have I always want more. I have 4 basses 2 very decent and 2 are fair,my frettless Ibanez is under construction. My rig is huge and has all the power I'll ever need for the clubs I play(Ampeg Pro 4....Art Nightbass Fx module....Korg rack tuner.....Furman spike protector......2 810 Peavy Cabs......This Thing Rocks!!!!!!!!! But I still feel the need to look for more gear and more Basses..Even know I hate all the stuff I have come time to load in or load out.When I'm playing live I love it,Until I got this rig I fought guitar players tooth and nail about being to loud. After I got this rig there's no guitar player I've played with argues with me. Don't get me wrong I dont abuse the power but it's there if I need it:D

"All the worlds indeed a stage and we are merely players, performers and portrayers each anothers audience outside the guilded cage"
    ------Geddy Lee1982------
  16. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    i can get the gas to the point where it's not super strong but then i'll read the MF catalog or i'll go to or ampeg,carvin, ect. website and magically GAS is kicked back up. I need to buy a new amp first though-i gotta keep on tellin myself that and since a flight case might be needed soon i got lots to get with very little $$$$. thats all