Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Basses at BassQuake 2003 ( pics )

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dave Grossman, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    This one's beautiful:
    [​IMG]

2. Yeah, Bill Dickens brought that to the show. The other Conklin 9-string belongs to Jean Baudin who also brought his to the show but only because he came straight from a Nuclear Rabbit rehearsal (which I was fortunate enough to be able to hang out for). Jean didn't perform but did play a number of short solo bits at the AccuGroove booth. He's an endorser of AccuGroove (or is it the other way around?)

Jean's 9'er sounded absolutely incredible! He played it through an AccuGroove rig that included a 21" subwoofer. I got to play it too. Later that night, Bill Dickens played his 9-string through the same rig. They cranked it up and when Bill played the low F# string (which sounded really clear and well-defined!) all the walls and furnature rattled. It was pretty funny.

If anybody has any pic of me playing the Pac-Man Conklin 9-string, please e-mail me a copy. I think a few people snapped pictures of me playing it but I didn't see who.

Here's a picture of that instrument:

[​IMG]

- Dave

3. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    That's awesome.

4. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    thats the most beautiful bass ive ever seen :bawl:

too bad it has 9 strings :(

5. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Purple Zon 8-string? Was that a display model, or did someone own it?

6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    [​IMG]
    :eek:
    [​IMG]
    :eek: :eek:

....I have to go change my shorts now!!