1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Basses free to good home

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by vejesse, Aug 3, 2012.

1. vejesse

vejesse

Apr 8, 2006
    Madison, Wi
    Double Bass Workshop
    This is directed towards bass luthiers and bass shops.

I have four 1/2 and 5/8 size basses I'd like to give away for free as I need the space and I'll probably never get around to doing anything with these. They're all carved, German "shop" basses ca. 1930 in rough shape. Some flat back some round back. Some have necks, some don't. Some have broken out back buttons, missing plate edges, etc. All will need a lot of work but all are worth saving.

My shop is in Madison, WI. I'm looking for someone to pick up the whole bunch soon. Serious inquiries only please.

2. vejesse

vejesse

Apr 8, 2006
    Madison, Wi
    Double Bass Workshop
    It looks like we've found a home for these.

3. Matt Ides

Matt Ides

May 12, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I hope needs more space means business is good. :)

4. vejesse

vejesse

Apr 8, 2006
    Madison, Wi
    Double Bass Workshop
    Well, basses with marginal utility have a way of accumulating. If things are getting to the point where you're spending time just moving things around to make room, it's time to cull the herd.

5. “There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man ... a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.”
    ― Rod Serling

I thought of this when I read your thread this morning. For a minute I wasn't sure if I was dreaming. Nice!

6. iiipopes

iiipopes

May 4, 2009
    So THAT's how you describe a 5/8 bass?! :D

7. Nice.