1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

basses in dreams

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TreeChild, Nov 29, 2006.

1. TreeChild

TreeChild

Feb 28, 2005
    Wimberley, TX
    last night i had a dream i was on the beach and there was a band jamming with these little tiny portable amps, and a tiny drum set. i walked up to them and the bass player just handed me his bass and i stated to play. it was a beautiful bass, it had the neck of a ken smith but the body of a cliff bordwell, with a purple heart top and fretboard. and i think the frets were pulled out, but the slots werent filled. and it sounded amazing.

anyone else have dreams with weird basses like these?

2. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    ive dreamt of goign to a huge guitar store and playing a fodera emperor delux. i have yet to play a fodera.

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Just dreamed the other night of a Warwick Infinity LTD 2000 :help:

4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I dreamt last night that I was at work. There were no basses, but if their had been, Jonas Hellborg would have dropped by with a lorry full of Status, Kubicki, Alembic and Fodera basses.

5. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I dreamed last night that the songwriter in our band was either an alien or a time traveler, and in the middle of a rehearsal he turned to me with a smile and said, "Sorry, I have to go now", and disappeared.

6. Can't seem to remember anything but being surrounded by a bunch of MtDs and double-octave P-Basses......

7. dave_p

dave_p

Dec 20, 2005
    CT
    i had a dream i was in the studio with fagen and becker and some drummer and i was putting down the bass track for 'do it again'
    i think i was playing my jazz plus V

8. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    I often sleep with my Steinberger. Close enough?

9. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
    i had a dream once of a bass that i still havent seen yet (posted it a thread about it a while ago). it was a 14 string, 7 w/ octaves, and it was a real nice green quilt top w/ natural body... man did that neck feel good...

some day maybe ill find it.....

10. ive dreamt of TB, basses, gigs, etc. I'm not surprised i dream about them, i think about them all day, it's only natural that they would enter my dreams.