1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Basses in the Workplace. Let's See Them.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bardley, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Bardley

Bardley

Nov 16, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Hello everyone,
    I was just wondering how many others out there keep a bass at work? I know that is not possible with many jobs. I am thankful that I have a job in a production facility where I spend most days in my Pro Tools suite (sadly working very little with Pro Tools :(). I usually keep a bass here and play on my lunch hour. I have a Sony digital board in my room so I keep my VT Bass pedal hooked up to it and have one of my basses here most of the time. I rotate the basses when I want something different. Right now I have my Stingray 5 here. I usually eat my lunch in about 15min so I usually jam for about 40min or so at lunch, usually with music. With small children at home this is about the only time I get to play bass anymore.

I understand that my situation is not the norm.
    Just curious if anyone else does something like this?

BassAtWork.
    IMAG0960.

2. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    You must be in that same studio where I was a few years back shooting a segment for the DIY network with Randall Shuptrine. Nice facility!

3. Bardley

Bardley

Nov 16, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    That would be Media Resource Group (Now Life Care Media Center). I was a Intern there many years back and have a few friends that work there. I am at a ministry in Chattanooga, smaller, but similar, facility.

4. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    I wish.

5. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    Stevie Wonder? :D

6. kulit17

kulit17 Wal Collector #35 Supporting Member

I just recently got a promotion and almost finished setting up my office with a window.... I used to have a small cubicle and left my bass on a stand when I'm in at work coz most of the time out of the office working in the field (service).

Anyways with my promotion I'm more office now and have my bass hanging on a wall. :D

Mess around a bit during breaks and lunch. I only have my Warwick in the office coz I don't dare bring my Wals since they'll be lonely the times I don't go into the office.

7. Bardley

Bardley

Nov 16, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Very nice! I just accepted a new job and moved to the Louisville, ky area. Still have not gotten my office set up but I plan on putting at least one bass in there.

8. Co0O

Co0O Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Bergen, Norway
    I practice at work after office hours. Full band rehearsals are possible too. Having you own business has its perks :)

th_2013-03-15070244_zps667a7148.

9. lang3735

lang3735

Mar 13, 2012
    Sydney Australia
    I work in a music shop so I am surrounded with basses etc all day. I do take my basses to work if I have a gig on that night. I sometimes pull them out and plug in if its quiet. :D