So I was practising in my drummers shed a while ago and got some mild shocks of a mic I was "singing" into. Chances are I was touching my bass at the time I'm not quite sure though. Anyhow I really want to know what causes these shocks. People say that it's bad grounding in of the outlet or possibly amp/pa. When something beomes live and isn't grounded and you touch it you become the path to ground and get a shock. However this sounds like something that would cause more serious electrical shock rather than the milder shocks I experienced. The other thing is when you touch a mic and bass you ground some current thats coming from the mic through your yourself then the bass then the amps ground connection. Or vice versa. However I can't see why current should appear on the metal parts of the mic (or bass) for me to help on its way to ground. Is there some sort of leakage somewhere? Or is there voltage being induced somewhere on the circuit that it shouldn't be? If everythings wired right I'm pretty sure that if there was no ground on anything you still shouldn't get a shock as the ground is a safety feature just in case anything funny happens (metallic parts become live for instance). So where does the voltage come from? Could there be a problem further back in the wiring with a neutral somehow causing current to appear on the earth. Can anyone explain exactly whats going on when you get these shocks and how to find out whats causing them and how to remedy the matter. If Im getting mild shocks I think there's potential for something more serious to happen.