Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Basses Similar To Warwick Corvette

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by El-Gato, Jan 12, 2003.

1. El-Gato

El-Gato

Dec 3, 2002
    I'm looking for basses that have a similar feel to the Warwick Corvette Standard. I recently played one and felt that it was exactly the kind of feel and sound I wanted from a bass. The tightness of the strings makes slapping extremely easy and its got a very fast neck. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any basses with a similar feel in that price range so I could compare it to those and see which is best for me. Thanks a lot.

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

You owe it to yourself to check out a Lakland 55-01 before you spend your money.

3. mrbungle

mrbungle

Nov 13, 2000
    tampere, finland
    However that's not very similar to Corvette. If you want a new bass I'd recommend to check other Warwick budget basses (the rockbass line and the Streamer Standards), though IMO 'Vette outperforms most of them.

But, you should really look for used Warwick Streamer Stage 1 and 2 and neck through Thumb Basses, they all are great bang for the buck when bought used. The sound and feel is 'Vette-like but better.

If you're on budget, get the Corvette.