1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

basses wanted

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wbb4me, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wbb4me

wbb4me

Mar 8, 2008
    hey ive been playing bass for awhile now and i want to get a new and better bass. so has anyone got a bass guitar that they dont want and are willing to give away.

ps i live in australia so just people in adelaide or close to.

cheers

:help::ninja:

2. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Nope, but if anyone out there has a bunch of extra cash...or a car...or maybe a house...or a pony...or an ultralight--I always wanted on of those--that they want to give away I'm willing to take one for the team and help you out.:rolleyes:

Op, why can't you buy your own bass? Seriously, I'm curious. An explanation can only help your cause.

3. knarleybass

knarleybass Commercial User

Apr 6, 2005
    Tustin, CA
    Owner of Ulyate Instruments
    I have been using Money for some time now and would like to upgrade to more money, if there is anyone that would like to give me more money I would sure like that.

4. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I'm a poor musician, and need a car. if anyone has an old one that they aren't using, I'll have it. Gas would be nice too.

5. I too would like a free bass. Or Car. Or flat in Glasgow.

Feel free to offer!

in all seriousness have you tried freecycle or gumtree?

6. bassalo

bassalo

Jan 23, 2008
    CT
    I don't have a bass you can have, however I have a bridge you can have. That way you can sell it and buy a bass (or many basses). It's a nice big bridge with a toll booth and everything.

7. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    You might be joking....but then, not everyone can get a job, and not everyone can live with Mom for help.

But if you can, do get a job, and do live with Mom and save money. That's how it often works when we are first starting out. Consider selling the bass you have to help pay for a new one. Something you earn yourself is something you will know the value of.

I think it's OK to ask for help, but you have to expect skepticism in a forum like this.

If help is what you really need, it has to happen in YOUR local community. :cool:

I guess this stuff just seems obvious to us old timers, but I hope you don't get insulted by the more "light-hearted" replies you have received.

8. knarleybass

knarleybass Commercial User

Apr 6, 2005
    Tustin, CA
    Owner of Ulyate Instruments
    well put, it's the difference between asking for a fish and asking to learn how to fish.

9. Troll?

10. Jjango

Jjango

Nov 16, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Maybe you can post some pictures of your current bass, or tell us what kind it is. It might just need a setup, or some minor upgrades. TalkBassers can certainly help you with things like that!

Those kind of things can make a dramatic difference.

11. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Orr...we can be sarcastic jerks. :D

12. MyUsernameHere

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    I don't know about you, but I really want an ultralight. My generous offer stands.:bag:

13. is that anything like a fleshlight?

14. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    I don't think you're going to get anywhere with requests like that, but I'm sure people will be able to help you with most other things.

Also, I've got an egg but I want something nicer. Has anyone got a Fabergé egg they want to give me? ;) :bag:

15. Kobaia

Kobaia

Oct 29, 2005
    Denton TX
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amp Gruv Gear and Mono Cases
    [​IMG]

16. MyUsernameHere

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Um...no.:eyebrow:

17. Ha! Look at his suit!!

18. crkempton

crkempton

May 30, 2006
    Utah
    i strongly doubt any bass that will be "given" to you, will be much of an upgrade. Regardless of your current set-up. (assuming you payed money for it) -Cody

19. Marshbass

Marshbass

Dec 7, 2006
    Australia
    hey man i'm in Adelaide... i'll SELL you my epi thunderbird but, er, yeah you can't have it for free :eyebrow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.