1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Basses with Burned Bodies

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tuhnedr, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Tuhnedr

Tuhnedr

Jul 18, 2012
    Realized today that I've never shown off my Franken-P!

Which leads me to ask, anyone else have basses/guitars with burned bodies?

Show 'em off!

Attached Files:

2. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Well, at least no one can hit you with the standard "The only true relic is the one you've earned through years of blood, sweat and tears" argument.
    Seriously, even a few decades of playing won't do that to a bass.

I think it looks pretty good.
    I've seen a few not quite as nice.
    Of course, some people will say "How can anyone do that to a bass?" but I'd love to hear exactly what's wrong with it.

InternetAlias likes this.
  3. Tuhnedr

Tuhnedr

Jul 18, 2012
    Really happened as a happy accident, I was stripping some cheap poly of an old squier body I was planning to refinish and the way the finish came off left this interesting burn pattern, decided to just stain it and leave it as is!

jd56hawk likes this.
  4. SpazzTheBassist

SpazzTheBassist

Jun 20, 2006
    I thought this was going to be about "electrical wood burning" (see video below)...In the meanwhile, yeah, yours looks pretty good like that....but, somehow, I think yours may be an exception more than a rule

ejaggers likes this.
  5. Tuhnedr

Tuhnedr

Jul 18, 2012
    Has anyone made a guitar using wood like that? That would be something else!