Basses You cant stand Playing.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funkize you, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    I just wanted to see some of the basses you may not like playing...

I dont like playing: Alembic, Warwick, Musicman, Fender, Most Yamaha, Most Ibanez, and some others that seem to slip my mind at the moment...
  2. Anything by Peavy except the Cirrus. Never really liked to play any of their stuff, but the Cirrus is in a whole different dimension.
  3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
  4. BC Rich, i find them uncomfortable.
    I dont like Warwick necks either.
  5. Ibanez. A few good BTB's, but that's it.
  6. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    I won't mention specific brands, but basses with huge necks or weighing more than 9 lbs. :bag:
  7. Dean.. just horrible (although i only had the fretless 5 and it, well, sucked.)...
  8. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    6 months ago Warwick was one of those on my list. NOW look at me =0)

Turns out I hated the dead-arse ones at Guitar Center. One play on a brand new one and I got hooked, bad. The size of the neck is just right to me, not too small, not too big.

I like BC Rich necks too, actually...

I can't stand playing most Fenders, Ibanezes... that's about all, really.
  9. Anything with string spacing smaller than 19mm / 3/4".
    It's just horrible! The horror, the horror...
    Oh I can play and have played smaller spacings, and still got all the sounds I wanted from the bass. But doesn't mean I liked it. Because I didn't. Not at all. :spit:
    Also, anything with low output. I want basses (active or passive) to put out a nice juicy signal. I care less if the tone's ugly then I do about having to strip my fingertips to the bone because the thing just won't speak up!!

Few weeks back I would've said anything with a huge thick neck, but I picked up double bass recently so all bass guitars feel small and light to me now!

That's it really.

10. BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I'm not very picky, none of the ibanez line really appeals to me besides some of the BTBs, but I wouldn't mind playing one if it comes down to it, hmm... Musicman 5 I could live with but rather not play, and maybe a poorly designed wish. Oh I didn't elaborate on why the Musicman 5, its cause of the tight string spacing turns me off. Which is why I could live with it I guess if I got used to it, but rather not.
  11. Lewk

Oct 19, 2003
    Consider this a warning...
  12. MMSterling

MMSterling Guest

Feb 19, 2004
    Leicester, England
    I don't like Ibanez's (used to own a BTB, just couldn't get on with it)! I hate the K5 :mad:!

13. appler

appler Guest

Warwick Thumbs feel awful to me.
  14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Mind if I ask what you do like playing?

15. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Fodera, Modulus, BTB's, Laklands (Kinda strange...) and Pedulla.

I like six strings the most, a GOOD fiver is ok... I hate Four Strings...

I currently Have a Lakland 55-94... A strange choice concidering that I hate Fenders, Musicman and Basses that dont have 24 Fretts :confused:
  16. Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    I used to hate Fenders... but now I am the proud owner of one...

I still can't stand those tiny-bodied Curbow basses
  17. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

So you hate playing Laklands but you bought one?
  18. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.

"The sun is the same..."

*Wisper, wisper* u missed the is...
  19. Lewk

Oct 19, 2003
    thankyou mr funkize, funny that i could have sworn it was there earlier.
  20. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    No, I actually love laklands, its the fact that the man who created laklands LOVED Fender and Musicman, and molded the two to get a Lakland... Thats why its strange, But it feels VERY different in my hands... The sound, The Feel of the neck, Is Totally different... I find the Fender and Musicman necks to be total Pieces of Crap, that I despise more than the youth of america...