Basses You'll NEVER Sell?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by doc540, Jan 16, 2006.

1. doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    Regardless, you won't sell them, and, in fact, will hand them down to your family, might even list them in your will and estate?

Let's see 'em!
  2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I know better than to say "I'll never sell....".

In fact any bass I have is for sale... At the right price...

3. kirin

Jan 11, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    My Reverend Rumblefish - good tone for anything... and 'cause I can still use it when my back inevitably gives out (I'm not even 30 and feel like this will happen sooner than later =( )
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Im hoping ill never sell my Musicman Sterling. I say hoping because i know the other way ill ever sell it is if something terrible happens and i am forced to.
  5. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    This is a rough one ... I have had basses in the past with which I have said that, but ultimately I ended up selling/trading them anyway. So I do not say that anymore :)

Maybe Im still looking for the "right" bass thats a semi perfect extension of myself or whatever but honestly its more like Im looking for the next "Right Now" instrument to satisfy my curiosity. (I wish I could keep them all).

Its always in retrospect that I wish I had kept one or two. Although the Sadowsky I have has outlasted most other basses... for now this ones a Keeper.

- Tom
  6. klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    Apparently I'll never sell the BC Rich in my sig.
    I keep going back and forth on selling it since I rarely play it these days and I'm not a 'collector,' but it just isn't leaving my hands for some reason. I've solicited bids on it a few times now, and I keep backing out. I guess I'm just a little sentimental about it after owning it for 13 years.
  7. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I seriously doubt that I would ever sell my Nordstrand Nordy. My '62 Reissue and my '77 jazz basses will probably stay forever as well. I basically hold on to everything, so I doubt that I would ever sell any of my basses.
  8. ctbass

Jun 21, 2005
    I have a 78 p bass my mom bought for me when I was in 9th grade in 1980. Maybe on my deathbed if I have no one to pass it down to, but not until then.
  9. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Reverend Rumblefish. They're too cool to sell!:smug:
  10. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

1965 Hofner 500/1 Beatle Bass
    1988 Rickenbacker 4003S w/vintage toaster and custom wound Jason Lollar horseshoe repro
  11. Wesley R

Wesley R Supporting Member

"This will be the last amp(or bass) I will ever need" I really thought it was, I was wrong.

Best of Luck,

PS; I might keep my Decca and the Guild
  12. bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man

I reckon I'll just go ahead and keep the custom flame Bongo that was given to me by Sterling Ball.

Yeah, I think I will.

13. Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    I'll never sell my first bass. A '79 Musicman Stngray that I bought new early in 1980. I've had it for 26 years now, and while I play a 6er mainly now, I doubt I would ever sell my Stingray. The offer would have to blow me away, and even then I'm not sure I would part with it. It's been a part of my life for far too long now. :)
  14. Me, too. I will never sell either of my Rumblefish, nor my Curbow Jazz bass.
  15. id sell my stingray for the right price or trade.
    i'm hoping that i would never sell my 4003 cus i love it so much
    and i know i would never sell my ibanez gsr200. its not the best but its where it all started. without it i would feel so bad.
  16. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  17. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    There are two that I doubt I will ever sell; probably the only way I would is if my one of my family gets sick.
    My Elrick e-volution Singlecut five and my Elrick e-volution Gold Standard 4. The first was my first anniversary present from my wife, the second was a Christmas present from my wife. If they weren't gifts from her, then I'd be willing to sell anything at a price, but they are, so I won't :)

18. How in the...?
  19. tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    This one goes to my grandson and then onto his kids.

20. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Oooh!! Love the pickguard!!!