Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by scott moore, Jul 29, 2000.

1. scott moore

scott moore

Mar 23, 2000
    are musicman basses really worth over $1000,if so what is so good about them

2. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Play one, see why they are worth serious cheese. Although, if you ask me, they are worth $750 slightly used and that's it. New, I'd pay about $900 case included.

------------------
    Carpet cleaning sucks

3. The Music Man is definitely worth cosidering but here are some other basses you should also seriously consider that are a bit less expensive but are great instruments:
    Brian Moore i2000 series www.bmcguitars.com

Dean Edge Improv www.deanguitars.com

Happy Hunting!

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Welcome to the Board Scott. For future reference, Try to make your thread titles more descriptive. Imagine if everyone called their threads "Basses" Check GM's "Bass Forum Housecleaning" Thread.

Oh, and Music Man basses are fantastic.

Will C. [​IMG]

------------------
    I'm not a genius. I'm just a hard working guy.
    -BW

5. Tuomas

Tuomas

Mar 14, 2000
    Helsinki, Finland
    If musicmans would run for 3000$, I'd be stupid enough to pay that.

just my opinion.

6. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I think they are overpriced. Ref a previous answer. Play one, if it does it for you , the money will come, dont rob a bank though.

CS

7. Crimson69

Crimson69

Jul 30, 2000
    If a guitar is so much than why don't all the pros have them cause I know that the people who make and sell them think that they are hot stuff and their the best. I have a Kramer Focus Bass and I think it's better than some of the Ibanezez

8. gmstudio99

gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Scott and Crimson69:

Welcome to the Talkbass board.

Take a moment, please, to read through this thread:
    http://www.talkbass.com/ubb/Forum8/HTML/001047.html

Crimson, I'm unclear as to your point. Lots of pros play MusicMan basses, maybe not quite as many as play the ever-present Fender, but many nonetheless.

-GM, Basses forum moderator

[This message has been edited by gmstudio99 (edited July 30, 2000).]

9. rojo412,
    Where can you get a new Musicman bass for $900 with case? Hook me up with some of that serious cheese, man!!!!

10. I just got a Musicman and i love it. it plays really well and it's surprisingly versitile for having only one pickup. also look at G&L. they make both 1 and 2 pickup basses that are under $1000. [​IMG]