Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mattchew172, Jul 22, 2001.

1. mattchew172

mattchew172

Jun 29, 2001
    i know im probably not in the right forum but anyway wut do u think is the best bass to get for a person who is past their begginner bass?

2. purple_haze

purple_haze

Jun 29, 2001
    London Town
    a) You might want to hop on over to the Basses forum.

b) How much are you looking to spend?

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

The one that sounds most improved over their beginner bass. I'm not trying to be be snide.

Otherwise, there wouldn't be so many brands and models. One person's passion is another person's poison.

You could probably get some suggestions if we knew which style(s) of music you play and what your budget is.

4. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I agree, the Basses forum is where you want to be.

wish granted :)

5. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Just go out and play as many different kinds that you can....let your ears be your guide. i dont know how much your willing to spend but heres some moderatly priced choices:

Fender
    Spector
    Ernie Ball
    Warwick
    Ibanez

6. mattchew172

mattchew172

Jun 29, 2001
    i am willing to spend between 1000 to 2000 dollars. i just was wondering wut is the best way to go.. i am into playing punk music and some raegae and punk.. (rhcp)

7. I might as well say it before someone else does. A fender precision or jazz, MIA or MIM.

8. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    the fender addict agrees, :) .
    The beauty of the MIM fenders is upgrading. So lets say you get a used MIM jazz for $200. The hardware and pickups may be crap but then you can invest in a set of bartolinis and some hardware to go with it, so in the end you get a pretty decent bass for $400.

9. mattchew172

mattchew172

Jun 29, 2001
    do u usually just buy used fenders at a local fender dealer?