1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bassfest at University of Denver

Discussion in 'Orchestral Auditions [DB]' started by JKincaid, Oct 18, 2010.

1. JKincaid

JKincaid

Nov 11, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Not quite sure where to put this but Susan Cahill (of DU and Colorado Symphony Orchestra) is hosting a bass festival at University of Denver this coming weekend (Oct. 23-24.)

Bassfest 2010

Bruce Bransby is going to be here doing some clinics, a masterclass, and also a recital. There will also be a number of other clinics as well as a mock audition (with Bransby and members of the CSO bass section as judges) where at the end we'll be answering questions.

Robertson & Sons will also be here. Aaron said they'll be bringing up a nice selection of basses in all price ranges.

So if you find you have the weekend free and will be in the area come on over.

Hope to see you there.

Jeremy

2. Thanks for the plug, Jeremy!
    We had a great weekend with Bruce Bransby and my CSO colleagues Jeremy Kincaid, Karl Fenner and Nick Recuber all giving classes.
    The final concert was a blast, with professor Bransby playing his infamous Roland E Curb works, and the two of us playing Bottesini's 'Passioni Amorose'. We hope to do it again next year!
    Speaking of next year, The University of Denver's Lamont School of music is seeking bass students, with full scholarships available for qualified players. Pm me or contact me at Susan.Cahill@du.edu. You can visit our website at www.du.edu/lamont/. We offer a great program, in a great location. Come check us out!
    Susan