1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bassfuzz.com: Gone for Good?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kugelspot, Apr 28, 2010.

1. kugelspot

kugelspot

Jun 8, 2009
  2. I was on the site last night...

Not sure?

3. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    He probably just forgot to pay his bill. He was here on TB this morning, though his last post was a few days ago.

4. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    What's going to happen to the world without bassfuzz.com?:crying:

5. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Site was working last night and still is now! I guess it must be expensive to keep getting these pedals in for review, maybe if manufacturers would regularly send him review units and all fuzz pedals bought and sold on TB were redirected via his house(!) then we would see more reviews!

6. I sent my Sanford & Sonny Blue Beard via grygrx for a review. He was good to deal with. If grygrx wants to go down that path, then anyone thinking about possibly doing the same thing, should do so with no reservations. :)

Bassfuzz.com is a great resource.

7. I have found bassfuzz.com to be a very useful site. even if I don't agree with everything Greg says, I feel that he is coming at the products in an honest and consistent way.

Like any reviews, once you know where someone is coming from you can measure your own path from theirs.

8. grygrx = Adam, but yeah, I guess it does sound like he says "Greg Ricks with another review from Bassfuzz" :)

9. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
    I think his reviews are great to compare basic features and sounds. Guessing how distortion x compares with fuzz y is tough based on description alone. I appreciate the work he has done.

It is interesting to hear the sounds of these pedals as most of them I will never come into contact with.

10. thanks for the correction, i did figure it was Greg Ricks and thought I heard heard that name being used too.

well anyway, nice one Adam, it seems like the vast majority of us are behind you with BassFuzz.com and appreciate your hard work and generosity.

11. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Let's play a little nicer.

12. faceinbass

faceinbass

Apr 20, 2008
    KCMO
    Not to start sh*t
    but I honestly can't sit through an entire review on that site.
    I have tried.

Yes its a "valuable resource" and I know I should st*u and make my own site and make it better if I cared enough...

My suggestion? Less talk, more rock. :bassist:

13. irvinz

irvinz

Nov 23, 2006
    Australia
    has too much gas
    p.s. the last i heard from him, he does play in a band! he was their gui**** tho....

14. DiscoFreq

DiscoFreq

Jun 13, 2005
    Belgium
    I just talked to Adam on FB:

15. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    so there is hope.

before i noticed this thread i hadent been to bassfuzz.com in a while. now that its reminded me of it, i suddenly want it back..badly..

16. tommyr01

tommyr01 Simma Down Nah ! Gold Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    Thank God.....I love his website, use it all the time........I had been worried, couldn't get to it for about a week now......thanks for the update!

17. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Sorry, I missed this thread. I saw the admin thread on the deleted bits but didn't realize it was pointing here.

1) Buzzfuzz.com will continue as a site as long as I have the ability to do so. Even if it gets to the point where I can't do regular updates the site will stay up.

2) Currently my host is moving me to a new server and things got wonky. Hopefully it will be corrected soon.

3) I started a new job 2 months ago that had a couple of ramifications.
    A) I lost access to the video camera I was using.
    B) I've been busy as all get-out.

4) As for my bass ability, I've never made any claims to be other than a hack. I've played in a few bands (the last of which I got kicked out of for not being country enough). Currently (and by accident) I am playing guitar in a punk rock band, though I've been jonesin for bass time and have answered a couple of craigslist ads in my area.

Anything I missed?

18. tommyr01

tommyr01 Simma Down Nah ! Gold Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    Grygrx,

well I for one, can't tell you how much I appreciate the time you took to review and post/record everything you have. Your site is incredibly informative...so THank You !!!!!!
    If there is anything you need to help, I'll stand up and offer help in anyway I can..I'm sure others will do the same if you need it !

19. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Thank you that is very kind.

I actually am on the verge of buying one of those little flip video cams and try to get rolling again. I was waiting for this months paycheck. I have a few choice little fuzz pedals rolling around here that need to have their day in the sun.

Playing guitar recently had put me on a quest for something a little different, so I wasted cash on an amp and some guitar-based things. I'm set now though and can get back to the real thing. ;)

20. I got a new design that will be heading your way as soon as it's perfected. The working title is Black Sheep.