Bassist are weird!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Remington, Nov 22, 2001.

1. Oh yeah, I don't do any drugs, but I drink with the ladies after a gig, if that counts.

2. Have u ever noticed how many bassists are tall with large adam's apples??? whats with that.

and yep i am the weirdest. hell i'm the weirdest on these boards!

:D:D

Merls

3. I don't know where I fit in, as I am:-
    185cm Tall
    70Kg
    Not scrawny, but then not chubby
    (People say, but I don't think)good looking,
    and I can be heard....

4. I'm pretty much the stereotypical bassist. I'm lanky, weird, and I jump around a lot while playing. I'm not talking jumping around like those guitarists who bounce like a rabid child on a tampoline, I'm talking about doing a strange little jig while playing a funky riff. the think is, I play funk and punk, so I guess I'm another phunky bassist.

5. Im a definatly the strangest one in the band... All the other band members are kinda quiet.. Im kinda like the odd member out.. Me and lead guitarist are the odd men (well.. men and women) out. Because we both listen to punk/ metal ( old metal)/ grunge/ alternative.. And the other members like the moffatts and lifehouse ( BLAH)

And for "the average bassist".. i dotn really fit into that catagorey.. i am the one who jumps around going crazy.. im the one who is the most obnoxious and controversial... but down to earth.. i say whats on my mind.. unlike the other members who wont stick up for themselves.. im not fat.. or lanky.. im just in between..i dont shy away from the stage.. im usually right in with the action.. so.. hmm.. i guess im not average... ;)

and for bassist being weird:

one word .... FLEA

the best bassist who had ever lived.. is also the craziest!!! hmm.. kinda makes u think.:)

6. the great one

the great one

Jan 25, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    My goal in life is to meet someone like me.

I'm 5'8"
    125lbs (I neither gain nor lose weight)
    I'm rather fit :)cool: I run the mile in 3 min: 58 sec)

I'm so easy going I could crap in my pants
    My neck is always sore from headbanging
    I play a million notes per minute to show off
    No one listens to my ideas so I keep them to myself
    I'm smart but lazy
    I hate responsibility (except bass solos)
    I like walking around with my shirt off
    I'm down with the herb
    I'm scared of people
    I'm quite skilled with my hands (hint-hint)
    I wear dreadlocks - Everyone else except my parents like them.
    I'm a bass player

The girls always use the 'F' word on me, though.

:confused:
    ps. I AM A PERVERT:

7. Personally,
    I have been in 3 different bands and I have always been the serious one in each of them.
    I am theonly one to have a steady girlfriend, act civilized and try to get a gig done without making a complete ass of myself.
    So if that makes me weird then I guess I am the weirdest of them all.
    George

8. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    Well, I guess I don't really fit any of the above stereotypes. Not really tall compared to my friends (just under 6'), kinda skinny but not pencil thin (160ish pounds). Overall, my look isn't punk, grunge, etc. - clean cut hair, nice t-shirts, cargo pants. Not really much of a ladies man - I have a girlfriend and I have lots of friends who are girls, but I'm not the suave James Bond type person who walks in and flirts with everyone. Most people tell me that they think of me as really clam and quiet. Almost 'normal' if you will...almost...;)

9. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Not true. McDonald's in Japan tastes different than McDonald's in America.

As for me, I'm 5'11", 125 lbs (tall skinny genre). I guess I can be kind of wierd but I'm more the cool, chill guy of the band.

10. Remember guys, the truely weird don't actually think they are...

A number of bassists i've come across are very quiet, and reserved to the point of annoyance. I like people who exude LIFE...

6'2", 75kgs (there's a mixture of measurements!), look kinda thin but am pretty lean and strong. Dress-wise i'm pretty damn normal, apart from on stage where I usually dress to the nines.

I seem to scare people more than anything else, I think I can be a bit intense sometimes. People, deal with it! :D

11. tmt

tmt

Nov 10, 2001
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Are we on a dating services ?:rolleyes:

I would like to see what the chick think about us
    :D

12. i go to a prep school. it's almost mandatory to be all but a couple of those things in order to get in. every single person is like that.

13. here's one for ya...i'm the rock star in my band they all hate the spot light but i run to it :cool:

14. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Portland, OR
    The guys in the band think I'm pretty off kilter. I don't think I am.

Well...maybe just a little....:D

15. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    I've got most of the bassist qualities

Im 6' 3"
    180 lbs
    strange
    I play a mix Ill do punk songs but with many layers(i.e. GOOD bass lines, solos,stuff like that)
    and I usually jump around alot, im loud, and most everyone can hear me play
    oh and I like getting in front of the guitarists so usually Im right next to the frontman like Ian from New found glory
    girls are sometimes intimidated by me tho (im a nice guy tho)

16. Strangelove

Strangelove

Oct 29, 2001
    Illinois
    Hi.

I don't know how much I weigh...
    or what my exact height is...

But I'm damn cool.

And I enjoy moonlit walks on the beach and dinners by candle light. Looking for partner. Desperate!

17. cap

cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    Ok now i have to join the carnage

6'1
    180lb
    Always wear a baseball cap backwards *hence the name*
    Im the lead singer/front man *which throws me out of generalization automaticaly*
    im the weirdist person on the planet
    i could beat the crap out of the guitarits, drummer, and keyboardist
    I own half of our equipment.
    I Like Blink 182 *once again...automaticaly out of generalization*
    I make sure everybody can hear me and the audience knows what a bass is
    Get the most attention....*and for a 3rd time...out of generalization*
    I cant read music
    I use tabs

Generalizations suck:D :D

18. cap

cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    Amen bro....Lived there for 3 years...never once tried the spam burgers or the melon icee drinks...they had some weeeeiiiiirrrrddddd stuff there....and the Arcades where you can win live lobsters like in the machines where you would normally find like candy and stuff...live lobsters....:eek:

19. ConTraBajisTa

ConTraBajisTa Guest

Oct 5, 2000
    auburn, ny
    here we go, i gotta blow off some steam...

i am the bassist of lucid (name is gonna change, but still keep "lucid" in it). there's me, drummer/ex bf, singer, and a guitarist we're thinkin about.
    i am the only girl, the youngest (even though me and the singer have the same birthday, weird, huh? he's like, 8 hours older than me), medium length curly hair, short (petite), about 100 lbs or so, 5'1" or around there...

i am the one in the band that always seems to want to practice. for example, today, yesterday, and friday we were suppose to practice. our drummer's got 5 weeks off of school and he's home, so we need to get lots of them in, yet... our singer is an *SSH*L* (i know, sorry). he says, no practice either cuz 1. he didn't wake up in time, 2. there's no PA (and i say, help us write some guitar lines or somethin) or 3. he didn't get a hold of this new guitarist. i always tell our drummer that we should just leave and make our own band... but we'll have nowhere to practice, he didn't get his new set yet, no guitarist or singer, not to mention the singer we have now and guitarist we should be getting are REALLY good... [sigh].

sorry, had to get some of this out.

20. Let's face it! In a band the drummer is the dumb one, the guitar player is the know-it-all, the singer is a show off and the bass player is the one that does his job so all these foolish band members can act the way they do.