1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bassist at CT Blues Soc

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by RonChase, Sep 7, 2008.

1. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    :bassist:I had a charity event I was scheduled to perform saturday and it was rained out so I thought I would root my friend Eran Danner on since he was playing a blues contest in CT,He plays guitar and so this thread is not about him(he did great)I was observing that there were 6 bands and this TB.com got me bassed out so being a bassist I thought I would report on the basses used well 6 bands 3 used P-bass no surprise there followed 1 music man but then there was a James Trussert it was gold like wow,the guitarist in this band had a tele looking trussert also,but the winner of the event (who goes to Memphis )did not even have a bass he had several jugs and a bucket with a stick and a string.He was phenomenal his sound and the whole band was very enjoyable,I went and commented to the guy after they played that I was blown away ( you can really hear bass) he said a lot of bassist comment to him and he was appreciative of the compliment.If any bassist from the Memphis area can check this dude out it will be worth the price of admission,the band that won and is heading to TN is named The Blue Lights they have a tremendous girl singer and sound very old school banjo accordian old Kay arch tops really cool band,at www.washboardslim.com come on bassists some feed back on this one:hyper::cool: