1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bassist confessional.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by jonathan_matos5, Jun 27, 2007.

1. what bassist stereotypes are you guilty of?

post them here.

i personally am guilty of wearing a stupid hat, bobbing my head when i get into a solid groove, {actually i think saying(typing) "solid groove" in itself is a bassist stereotype.} discussing music theory with people who don't understand it, and last but not least the "bass face".

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Is being a gear snob a bassist stereotype? If so, I wasn't guilty until I became a member of this website...:D

3. being a gear snob is a side affect :D

4. i've got a burly gotee! plus i'm a tad on the heavy side. BUSTED!!!

5. ric1312

ric1312 Inactive

Apr 16, 2006
    chicago, IL.
    I blend into the background no matter how hard I try. I'm the lead singer too!!!

Of course having a hot blond playing electric guitar next to me and ripping out solos probably has something to do with that.

6. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    I have a beard and I wear hats.

7. TeeMartin

TeeMartin

Jul 18, 2006
    I am awesome.

8. CrazyWallaWalla

CrazyWallaWalla

Aug 16, 2006
    Toronto
    i bob the head, say "solid groove" and since i've joined here been obsessed with my tone, and making it as perfect as possible (to my ear)

9. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    I suppose then you fall into the bass player stereotype of being unnaturally arrogant.

10. TK-421

TK-421

Jun 26, 2007
    Denver
    When other members of the band start to argue over crap I really don't take a side.

11. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    i often have to be the mediator, but i am brutally honest with bandmembers when i need to be.

12. TK-421

TK-421

Jun 26, 2007
    Denver
    Yep. Our job is to hold down songs and keep stuff together so I guess that would be second nature.

13. enigmatic to the point where i am dangerously sexy.

14. uethanian

uethanian

Mar 11, 2007
    its all about the goatee.

15. Beard, a tad on the fat side and wears a hat. That's me... :D

16. Hi.

I have a van, PA....

Sam

17. I know exactly how the rest of my band likes their gear set up better than they do.

And I set it up for them every gig.

18. If listening to music I hum bass lines rather than the riff, plus I unconciously adopt an absurd 'Flea' stance of feet more than shoulder width apart, low slung body and head up by my ear, not good as I'm only 5'8 and it makes me look even smaller

19. I lipsync my basslines :oops:

20. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    Elberon, New Jersey
    I dont think I fit any of the stereotypes

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021