1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bassist Discovers 1 Weird Trick to Wait on UPS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OnederTone, Jan 6, 2012.

1. OnederTone

OnederTone Aguilar Everywhere Gold Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    [​IMG]

2. OnederTone

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    On truck for delivery...

3. miholc

miholc

Aug 17, 2009
    [​IMG]

4. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    :confused:

5. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    Just go to the bathroom. When you get get back, there will be a "attempted to deliver" tag on your door.

6. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    :D

7. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I don't get it

8. OnederTone

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    OR... just have it shipped to your office. It's HERE!

Lakland 55-02 Fretless...

Sorry for the crappy pic... I've got to actually *work* today too.:bawl: (ooh Lens flare, JJ Abrams would approve)

[​IMG]

Seller did a fine job prepping for shipping... put foam blocks on pressure points on the headstock and upper horn, but like idiots finding a way around idiot proof devices UPS found a way to rain on my happy day... Obvious signs of the box being dropped in a manner that made the feet of the case jam through, resulting in a chip in the poly on the body. :scowl:

Gave the case the full CSI treatment (Couvy, your epithelials were EVERYWHERE) and found the whole chip, so superglue, nail polish (thank god for goth kids) and some clear coat should fix everything but my sad, sad heart.

9. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    That is a crappy pic..I can't even see it.

10. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Aug 22, 2011
    This is how I get people to call me when I'm tired of waiting:

I get in the shower.

Works every time!

11. OnederTone

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Doh! Let's try that again!
    photo (1).JPG

12. I used to prefer UPS but now I will ask sellers not to use them. They delivered the last three things I bought to different wrong addresses. One of them when it got to me had the guitar stolen out of it and the case still in there. I called to say it got signed for at an address that wasn't mine and they told me I had to wait until the next day to get it (when they could pick it up from the business they sent it to). A half hour later I see a UPS driver drop the box off and quickly running to his truck without me signing for it or anything.

13. I have it delivered to the dealership that I work at. Our driver does a good job, of course it gets handled by others before getting to him so you never know.

14. pflash4001

pflash4001

Dec 2, 2011
    Around here we call them "Oops." some time back I was expecting 3 separate pkgs from 3 different locations. The first was delivered with no problem. The second, a Rickenbacker pickup that was being custom rewound by Seymour Duncan didn't arrive, and the third was delivered sans signature to a neighbor 4 houses down. When I didn't get my pickup I called Seymour Duncan. They said it had gone out over a week earlier. I contacted UPS and they tracked it...said it was returned to sender. I asked why. Response? Address doesn't exist??? I asked them for the address on file. It was correct. I told them it exists. I was calling from that address. I also told them they delivered a pkg from another sender to that same address two days prior. The guy insisted the driver couldn't find the address. I had Seymour Duncan use USPS and got my pkg with no further trouble.

15. That there is very nice :)

16. OnederTone

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Thanks... It's been 8 years since I had a fretless in the stable, and I can't think of a better one to have jumped back in the water with!

17. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada