1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bassist for Lupe Fiasco?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by brndn123, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Flippin' through the channels with the gf. We came across Lupe Fiasco's performance at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards. Surprisingly enough, the bass was mixed pretty heavy in the mix which was a nice change of pace from most award shows. The action starts midway through the second song, take a listen:

Out of My Head/Show Goes On (Live) | Lupe Fiasco | Music Video | MTV

Anyways, anyone know who this guy is? Is he a fellow Tber by any chance? Definitely has some chops and that tone? Good lord. C'mon tb, don't let me down.

2. Not sure, but subbing this... Lupe's first two have been in my top 5 go-to albums for the past 3-4 years. Still haven't gotten Lasers. :/

3. I saw him on the Colbert Report, and whoever the bassist is, he got a surprising amount of camera time for a bass player in a modern backup band. He was laying down some good stuff! His drummer is worth noting as well.

Man, I love real-life backup bands that use real-life musicians... That aren't way back in the dark :D

4. Doh! Forgot about the Colbert appearance... in that video he's playing a GK 2001RB with a 410RBH + 115RBH stack, can't place the bass offhand...

5. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Roscoe Basses, 64 Audio IEM, SIT Strings
    Robert "Bubby" Lewis...monster monster player. Look up some clips of him on youtube at NAMM going toe to toe with guys like Hadrien.

6. Bubby is beast for sure, check out some of his snoop dog rehearsals on the tube. Anyways, any word on the guy from mtv?

7. m.oreilly

m.oreilly

Jul 5, 2006
    Ukiah, CA
    looks like bubby?

8. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Roscoe Basses, 64 Audio IEM, SIT Strings
    That was him in the MTV clip.

9. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Bubby's spankin' that MTD.:bassist:

10. OH DANG! He lost some lbs. :eek:

11. xjeremiahx

xjeremiahx

Apr 19, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    No longer a slave to GC.
    that dude is local. he's a friend of lupe's...and a friend of my manager. I'll find out his name tomorrow. i've had conversations with my manager about that dude. i guess him & lupe go back a ways. Used to skate together and now he does all of his recordings too

12. I've been aware of bubby's amazing skill for the last few years. I did not put two and two together on this one...wow

13. faulknersj

faulknersj Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Scottsdale Az
    cool vid...might be an F-Bass?

14. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    Nope that's def Bubby,he's been doing lube's for a min

15. xjeremiahx

xjeremiahx

Apr 19, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    No longer a slave to GC.
    Yeah, I was talking to my boss and he said he knows the dude who was in the video for the song Lupe did for Twilight...and he records some stuff with him when he's back in town, but he's not touring with him ATM

16. MTDSanz87

MTDSanz87

Jun 21, 2011
    Anaheim Ca,
    That's the homie bubby! He's sick with it! And that's nothing, believe he's a monster on the bass! And he has an MTD Bass 535! Best basses out there! :bassist: