Bassist for Spirit of '84

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by kelbrihan, Jan 27, 2006.

1. kelbrihan

kelbrihan Banned [Deceiving users with multiple usernames] Banned

Dec 2, 2004
    I just saw a video by Spirit called "I got a line on you" from Spirit of '84 album, does anyone know who the bassist was on that? There were about 15 guys on stage and I recognised Jeff "skunk" Baxter and the percussionist from the Doobie Bros, Howard Leese of Heart. The Bassist looked familiar and was playing a Yamaha BB. Anyone know?
  2. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    It was probably Dave Waterbury since he toured with the band on 4 tours during the '80's.
  3. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

I thought it was Mark Andes - Spirit's original bassist now residing in Austin Texas and playing in Ian Maclagen's "Bump Band".
  4. kelbrihan

kelbrihan Banned [Deceiving users with multiple usernames] Banned

Dec 2, 2004
    Didn't he play with Heart as well? That's why he looked familiar and that would explain Howard Leese being there.
  5. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    Wasn't Larry 'Fuzzy' Weisberg the Bassist with that group? He started a company in the late 70s called Silver Eagle Straps. They were in business till about 1990. I don't know if he was with Spirit in '84 but he has Blond bushy hair and is not thin!
  6. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
  7. Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    According to, Mark Andes played on that album.
  8. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    That's definitely Mark Andes in the video.
  9. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

He indeed did play with Heart although he might be difficult to pick out due to all the 80's spandex and big hair! <g>

I've seen him play with Ian Mclagen (ex-Faces) and The Resentments (Stephen Bruton, John Dee Graham & "Scrappy" Jud Newcomb - an amazing band!) - all from Austin Texas.