Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BASSIST FOR TOYAH WILCOX 1980?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ERIC31, Jul 10, 2002.

1. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    OK. I was watching this movie last night called URGH! A MUSIC WAR. Great concert film of tons of interesting bands from the late 70's, early 80's. Anyway there is a singer named Toyah who did a song called Dance. The bassist was playing a fretless and has a really cool solo in the middle of the song.

Does anyone know who that guy is??:D

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  3. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Kinda funny...when I saw this thread title, I KNEW you'd reference "Urgh..." That's one of my all-time favorite concert flicks! There's some damn interesting stuff there...the old Police footage alone is worth the price of admission..

4. great movie. wish you could find it at a good price.

p.s. I think Toyah WIlcox if Robert Fripp's wife.

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    That's right.

6. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    Urgh has been out of print for some time now. I wish they would re-release it on DVD. I taped my copy of of the Sundance Channel. You can find bootleg copies here and there. Try eBay.

One thing that was strange was that the Gary Numan song (Down In The Park) was cut from the Sundance print. I wonder why.:confused:

One other thing I want to say is that unlike many of today's bands, all the bands in this movie sounded different from each other and tried to be original. No one was copying the latest trend. I really respect that. I love this movie.:D

7. And not only that - she's also the voice for one of the "Teletubbies"! :eek:

8. markorbit

markorbit

Apr 16, 2004
    The bass player is Charlie Francis.

9. Yep, that's NOT Phil Spalding.

10. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    Wow...my own zombie thread from 12 years ago! I guess I have been around TB for a while! :) Still love that bass solo.

11. Hehe, same here! I had first replied in 2003! Am currently discovering Toyah's music properly (as opposed to knowing only a handful of songs back then) which got me to do a search on Phil Spalding, and here we are again! :D