Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bassist from: Apex Theory

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Selta, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    First off, what do you guys think of 'em? I can see clearly that he uses a P delux, but what amp does he use, and does anyone know how he blanaces between the pups? Sounds like he leans towards the Jazz, but I dunno for shure. Thanks
    Ray
    P.S. What's his name?

2. I have seen them twice now, and am pretty sure he uses just a couple Hot Rod P's and Ampeg heads and 8X10s. Pretty good show, and I like the c.d. quite a bit. Neat beats and bass lines. On their website www.theapextheory.com they have a picture gallery with some pictures that have his gear in them.

jtbp

3. MrBungle3

MrBungle3

May 16, 2002
    Dallas
    when you saw apex, did their singer just stand still on the stage doing nothing? I had heard really good things about them--especially their singer live, and I bought their ep before their cd came out, i bought their cd on the day it came out, i went to see them live, I bought the t-shirt...and then the singer completely let me down. I felt bad for the rest of the band, because they were still trying to get in it.

4. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Wow, I'd heard of these guys but just never bothered, ya know? But I saw this thread and checked them out, and even though it's off topic:), WOW. This stuff is pretty cool. Love the basslines.

Ok, that's all, off to bed.

Alex

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Sweet! I really need to find a way to get his sound - I simply LOVE it. It's a different kind of sound...you guys know it though. I want to get it, then get a little more crunch and that'll be "the sound" that I use :). THanks for all the info, gotta go watch some more MiB now...hehe