Bassist in crisis

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Lewi_wilko, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Lewi_wilko

Mar 24, 2004
    Hey, i am a decent bass player (been playing for about 3 years) but for a long time i stopped playing because i am lazy. I have only realy started picking my bass up again and playing it but im finding all my old songs to easy or boring. Also i have stopped bass lessons because my teacher dissapeared. So i would just like a bit of a point in the right direction towards some good songs,artist's and bands to get my teeth into.
  2. Whenever I get bored with learning songs I try to write something new. That usually keeps me entertained. If you're looking for some things to really challenge yourself to learn, try some Primus, Victor Wooten, Jaco Pastorius, etc. I'm sure someone else here can recommend more for you.

NEXT! :smug:
  3. Bo_H

Jul 2, 2004
    You have probably heard this old "song and dance", but it really works for me. Get some new music that you don't normally listen to and learn to appreciate what is going on with it. It will expose you to some new ideas that can help you out of your rut.
  4. Lewi_wilko

Mar 24, 2004
    Another thing id like to ask is could anyone give me a few good songs, band's, artist's with good slap bass lines? I am quite new to slap bass so im not that good but i like it, i am able to play songs like aeroplane by red hot chilli peppers. P.S please dont suggest REALY hard slap songs because im not that good (but i will be up for a bit of a challenge :bag: .)
  5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    "Dance To The Music" by Sly and the Family Stone.