1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bassist in this Terri Clark Video

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Rheems1, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Rheems1

Rheems1

Apr 23, 2009
    Alright, this is probably a stupid use for this forum.. but I am at the end of my wits. For years I have been trying to figure this out.... I can't figure out who the heck this bass player is. The link below points you to the video for No Fear by Terri Clark... I need (for my own mental sanity) to know who the bass player is in this video... he was part of her live show for a while too. The two players on the album are Glenn Worf and Michael Rhodes... I know for sure it isn't Glen and I am pretty sure it isn't Michael either. I wish they showed him more in this video but it is the only one I have found him in so it is the best I have...at 1:34 or so you get a good close up of him. There was a live show that GAC put out many years ago that also showed him very prominently but I can't find that anymore anywhere.

Any thoughts???

Dave

2. BananaKing

BananaKing Supporting Member

May 15, 2008
    Vancouver, B.C.
  3. BananaKing

May 15, 2008
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Are you sure it isn't him? That's all I could find.

Sorry.

4. donk

donk

Nov 5, 2006
    That is not Glenn Worf. He probably played on the record.

5. Rheems1

Rheems1

Apr 23, 2009
    Boy... if that is Glenn Worf than I would be really surprised!! Here are some pictures of Glenn:

[​IMG]

2427075083_17d9cd294d.

I am not saying it isn't him since he is one of the ones who played on the album... but it just doesn't look like him!!

Dave

6. BananaKing

May 15, 2008
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Sorry about that.

I really don't listen to Country at all, and this is all I could find.

7. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Not directly on topic, but I saw Terri Clark a few years ago and it was one of the best live mixes I have ever heard. And this was in a local "big barn" sports arena that's notorious for sounding like cr*p.

8. kcolyar

kcolyar

Feb 28, 2007
    Moab, Ut 84532
    Could have been anyone the studio hired for the video. A friend of the producer or a buddy that wanted to be in a video. Nothin surprises me anymore....

9. Rheems1

Rheems1

Apr 23, 2009
    LOL, I have heard of stuff like that before too... but I can tell you that he is a real bass player and not just someone for the video. He was part of her live show while this album was out... I didn't see any concerts after this album to know if he was still part of her band though.

10. Rheems1

Rheems1

Apr 23, 2009
    Hmm.. I may have stumbled upon my answer... she lists Paul Chapman as her current bass player.... if you put dark glasses on him it would probably be close...??

l_4d6496e85f039262f9b8eee1ed5aeab6.

Dave

11. Rheems1

Rheems1

Apr 23, 2009
    Alright, I got it figured out now. I sent a message to Paul Chapman via Myspace and he said it wasn't him... but that on the live version of No Fear on one of her CD's Jeff Ross was the bass player. I looked up Jeff Ross and sent him a message on Myspace and he has confirmed it was indeed him. So after 5 years the mystery (for me) is solved!!

l_29d4b60ebc3e00f5cae760d7b57f4b5d.
    Jeff Ross

Dave Fritz