Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bassist Needed For Rock Band in San Diego

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Telepathy, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Telepathy

Telepathy

Jan 2, 2005
    Hi guys!

I'm new to the forum as I don't play bass, but I've heard great things about this website and thought, "what better place to find a bassist for my band?" I hope that's alright...

We're a rock band (not hardcore, not metal) comprised of a drummer, two guitarists and a vocalist. We're located in the San Diego area.

Not many stipulations here:

We're all in our early 20s, so someone in that agegroup would be good.

Dedication is a MUST - fizzling out because we're not rich rockstars in two months isn't really an option - we're in it for long-term commitment with an emphasis on regular practice.

Gigworthy equipment also important - something good for small shows, at least. All guitarists have half-stacks and I have a decent sized PA (I'm the singer).

Last point, and this may sound like a weird one, but I know there is nothing like conflicting fundamental principles to destroy a band: We're atheists - so religious zealots would probably be better suited elsewhere - no praise music here.

Want to get together? My e-mail is saherb@sandiego.edu. Would love to hear from you.

-SB