Bassist question

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Kenbuntu, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Hey I have to do this thing for school where i have to choose a famous person who did some great in the world like giving loads of money to charity, or helped cure cancer , or somthign like that. Maybe somone who helped lots of ppl around the world.

Thanks in advance everyone

2. are you looking for a bass player that did something significant for humankind or will anybody do?

my own personal recommendation (hopefully it's not TOO obvious) would be to cover some of the significant work that Bono from U2 has done that helped win him the Pulitzer prize recently :)
  3. Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Yeah i was thinking him too, but i think about 3 other people are doing him in my class. A bass player would be good because i doubt anyone else would do that, and this is a bassist forum soo..
    Anymore suggestions.

(PS. this will be i think 15-20% of my final mark so its pretty important)
    Thanks in advance
  4. Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Sorry for double posting but come on people theres got to be a bassist thats done some thing great for the less fortunate. right?
  5. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Sir Paul McCartney has done plenty for charities and even headed the McCartney foundation to help find a cure for Breast Cancer. Should be a ton of stuff on him for that!
  6. Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Thanks man i think ill do him.
  7. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Don't forget Sting. His most popular cause is saving the Rain Forest, but I'm sure he's invloved in other things. You may want to check out his web site for more info.
  8. You could also look at the guys from Coldplay. They are heavily into supporting Make Trade Fair which is a branch of Community Aid Abroad and a very interesting charitable organisation.

Basically, they are working to stop companies from devaluing industry in poor nations by dumping cheap competetive product into the market. Check it out, it's fascinating stuff.