Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bassist sought for original Atlanta band

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ThrashingGrace, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Hi, I am new to this board courtesy of John Turner whom I met last night..(FIERCE bassist I might add).
    I am the vocalist in an Atlanta area band called Equilibrium. We are modern rock with a progressive metal feel.. We are artists at heart with a real desire to make music our career without compromising our integrity.We need a bass player who can share our vision and offer his/her writing talent to people sharing the same goal as a collective.

Forgive me as I am not a bass player, although I am a musician. Hopefully, my words will be enough to give you an idea of what we are looking for..
    Within the structure of our songs we incorporate the fierce, the ugly, the beautiful harmonizing bass line and the seduction. We have a somewhat hypnotic rhythm in our music..a groove.. that may be responsible for people calling us stoner metal..(I have no recollection of anyone in the band deciding that was our goal though..I prefer to think our fans would be intelligent enough to absorb us without drugs..)

Our influences include but are not limited to Sabbath, Tool, APC, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Death, Maiden,Led Zep, Rush, Mozart, Portishead, Bach...
    People hear Rush and Maiden influences in the lyrics because I write fiction. Add a prog/metal drummer and that's probably true, but from a female's perspective.

We have a professional demo,lots of material, press kit, airplay in a few cities (including 96Rock in ATL), regular gigs, management, and much more to offer you if you are the right guy/girl for us. We are finishing our cd with Don McCollister,Atlanta's producer of the year. We would really like to get back out there and not lose much momentum.
    Here is a link to get you to a few songs we have..
    http://equilibriumatl.iuma.com

2 songs are currently up. The first, Sphere, is the song on rotation at 96 rock. It was recorded with Don also. The epic, Lure, was recorded elsewhere..has since been remixed by Don and sounds a LOT better. You know the saying, you get what you pay for..

:D
    Thanks so much for your time..
    THIS SITE ROCKS!!!!
    ~Andrea

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    good luck andrea. you guys sounded really good last night - just need a rhythm section. :)

3. There is a rhythm section on the mp3's....

of course, better heard on the pricier recording..lol

If it gives you a better idea of what we really sound like, John..And thanks..I am checking your site out now.