1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bassist Wanted in MD - Columbia/Howard County to be Exact

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by pdodge77, Oct 11, 2013.

1. pdodge77

pdodge77

Oct 11, 2013
    Hi guys -

I'm not a bassist, but I'm looking for one in the Columbia/Howard County, MD area. My band, Artistic Differences, just lost our bassist. We're weekend warriors and we only play out a few times a year. Our passion is songwriting and we play some covers to fill out the set (although, the covers are pretty awesome choices - Wilco, Ryan Adams, Iron & Wine, Cure).

I grew up on 80's alternative, moved into 90's indie, and then went back and discovered real country and then Alt/Country and Americana. I'd describe our sound as equal parts indie/americana/dadrock.

We take the band seriously, but we all have kids and careers, so the band will never be our top priority. It's our creative outlet and Friday night stress-reliever. We typically practice every other Friday in Columbia from 7:30-10:00ish.

You can check out our songs here: https://www.facebook.com/ArtisticDiff/app_2405167945

I'd suggest starting with Mercy, Body Shop, Fireworks, and GSRS to get a feel for our sound.

If any of this sounds interesting to you, please PM me or e-mail me at dodge_phillip@yahoo.com.