Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bassists/Bands in need of photographs?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Naterade, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Naterade

Naterade

Apr 29, 2004
    Franklin, MA
    Hi everyone, my name is Nate Batten and I'm a senior in college studying photography. I also have been known to play bass in my spare time. I am currently interning with a couple of professional photographers in Boston MA and can use their studio when they aren't using it. I would like to photograph some bands/musicians for my portfolio. If anyone on this forum has a need for professional photographs that they can use for promotional purposes feel free to PM me. Here's the deal:

There is no charge to get photographed, those who decide to be photographed will be responsible for their travel expenses.

Those who get photographed will receive a CD with high res printable files and low res web files.

Those who get photographed will be able to use the photos for promotional purposes.

If anyone is seriously interested in this I can give you contact info for the photographers I'm interning with to verify that this isn't a joke or hoax and I can put you in contact with one or two people I have previously photographed. Feel free to PM me any questions or post them in this thread. Thanks for your time.

-Nate

2. That is a pretty good deal. I've been approached by student photgraphers who wanted to use me in their portfolio and they were going to charge me a slightly discounted rate for any copies of the photos that I wanted. They weren't going to pay me either. If I was in the area, I'd take you up on it!

3. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Any chance you're a student of Peter's?

4. Naterade

Naterade

Apr 29, 2004
    Franklin, MA
    Indeed I am a student of Peter's. Are you an FSC alum or current student?

5. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Alum (going on 15 years, MAN that makes me feel old!!!) I was in a few weeks ago checking in on things at FSC and donating a big pile of film we were no longer using. Not much looked to have changed, other than a heck of a lot of computers which is to be expected. I'm also not far from Pittsfield, which is I assume you're home town. I live in Agawam and work in Springfield (biomedical/corporate/commercial photographer). Hope your internship goes well. I felt like I learned more in those 4 months than in the other 3.5 years of college (not exactly true, but it feels that way.)

Sorry to hijack your thread, Anyone out there wondering about this, I'd get in on it if you're slightly interested. It's a great opportunity to get professional level photos taken dirt cheap and help out a guy to build his portfolio. You'll probably be working in studios that get $2,000 a day typically and top of the line equipment.

When you see Peter tell him Todd said Hi.

6. Naterade

Naterade

Apr 29, 2004
    Franklin, MA