Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bassists In Australia!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by punk in drublic, Nov 20, 2002.

1. punk in drublic

punk in drublic

Sep 18, 2002
    dunno if this is the right forum but ah well.. just curious as to what gear u have, how much it set u back & where u got it from. also does anyone know how much quarter pounder pickups for a p-bass cos down here in oz?

2. here i am. i'm a bassist in australia and my gear is listed in my profile. i do my shopping at the guitar gaarage in brisbane and they look fter me very well.
    quarter pounder about $250 at a guess

3. Not Australia, but very close. I'm across the ditch in Auckland.

4. My gear is in my profile. I bought my current setup from Magpie Music Bega. Set me back about $2600.
    I think that you can get quarter pounder pickups for a p-bass for about $140 from pro audio Canberra.

5. Kelvin

Kelvin

Apr 30, 2000
    Singapore.
    ... I will be attending a project meeting in Brisbane next week.

Any recommendations for music retailers to check out during my single free day?

Thanks,
    Kelvin

6. Got my amp from a little shop near where used to live, in Armidale, got my bass from Pro Audio in Canberra, good place. Got my effects from Venue Music in the city in Sydney, don't particularly like that store though. I plan to get my next bass from Dominant Music down in Melbourne, mainly cos they're the Aussie Warwick dealer.

Bassis

7. i'd go to the guitar garage if i were you kelvin. ofcourse i'm biased because i buy so much stufff there they expect me at least once a week, but they have the best range of bass gear in town. fender, warwick, spector, musicman, ampeg and swr are the main brands. they also have the advantage of being within walking distance of 2 other music stores!