Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bassists in the North Carolina RDU triangle

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by top028, Dec 17, 2003.

1. top028

top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    I have no idea where to post this, but will give it a try here. I am the bassist for Spacestation Integration (soon to be the Ryan Cavanaugh trio). Unfortunatly, because of hard knocks of life, I have to leave the band. This leaves a big gap in the Banjo-bass-drums format. I have been friends with both these guys for a while, so I have seen them advance on thier instruments constantly, as well as inspire me to do so. Ryan is a true banjo virtuoso. Ryan has a great love for Jaco (probably more so than I) John McLaughlin, Pat Martino, and Charlie Parker. Matt Plays a unique style fused between Jack Dejonette, Bill Bruford, Tony Williams, Dennis Chambers and other greats. The group plays a kind of Fusion that flows between all-out free jam and the structured heads. I was usually the anchor, while matt and ryan played off each other, not to say I didnt get a chance to shine, but its how I play. I have never heard anything like it, and am always amazed to hear the recordings afterward. The band is fairly established with Management, booking agent, website, and a CD to support. Ryan and Matt live in Chapel Hill, and are looking for new room mates. If any of this interests you, please contact

www.ryancavanaughtrio.com
    spacestationintegration@hotmail.com
    or call ryan @ 252 916 7790 (preferably after 9:00pm)

2. Chapel Hill REPRESENT!

How come I've never heard of you guys... do you play Chapel Hill venues... Cat's Cradle maybe?

3. top028

top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    we played the library and de la luz...before it got shut down. But, mostly we played all over the east coast.