1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bassists of the '60's Club.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by SoulReflection, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Here's another original from that band.

Attached Files:

2. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Sure doesn't sound like 40 years ago. Nice.
    EDIT: lotta good sounds.

Last edited: May 4, 2021 at 4:44 PM
    bobyoung53 likes this.
  3. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Makes me want to brush up on my two-step ;).

bobyoung53 likes this.

4. Thank you, being part of the break up of that band was one of my big mistakes (among a million :laugh:)

TheMaartian and SoulReflection like this.

5. Oh yeah that's a real excrement kicker. :D

SoulReflection likes this.
  6. OK, one more original, again written by the singer.

Attached Files:

7. Here's a Chuck Berry cover:

Attached Files:

8. Lynyrd Skynyrd cover:

Attached Files:

9. I put this one in a few days ago but since I got your attention now, there's a solo at about 4:30 if you get sick of the song. :laugh:

Attached Files:

BassikBrad and SoulReflection like this.
  10. Sorry I cleared the place out. :laugh:

11. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Damn fine sounding band.

bobyoung53 and SoulReflection like this.
  12. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Yes it is.

We need you to get out and record some nice blues tunes. Can you accept the challenge?

13. We had a regular Thursday night gig at a place called Sir Morgan's Cove.

One night the singer and his then girlfriend had a big fight the night before that gig. He stayed out all night and come in so cocked that next night he could hardly talk, walk, could not play. We should have just cancelled the gig but didn't for some reason, we ended up playing and me and the guitar player did most of the singing which was not good :laugh:. Charlie did make a valiant effort to sing even though he was lying down on the stage half the time. He got up and had a lollipop stuck to the back of his shirt which was kind of funny. I mean we REALLY should have cancelled. His guitar was shut right off in the PA.

I looked out into the audience about halfway through the night and saw someone sitting with a notebook writing and I thought, 'Hmmm, I wonder what this is about?" It did not look like a good omen to me though.

A couple of weeks later the annual Worcester band contest came out in the local paper where you rated the local bands. There were various categories with 4 or 5 different local bands nominated, best local band, best drummer in local band, etc that type of thing. The only category we got nominated for was "Worcester's most overrated band" :laugh:.

So that's why that guy was writing.

14. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    I think that has happened to many of us at different times...we can't always be on top of our form...

15. I know but what a time! It was actually pretty funny until we realized what we had done when that contest came out. I used to wait until after to get cocked, not before. :laugh:

16. I have hearing aids and take them out when I play threw headphones.I still cant distinguish between some notes that are right next to each other threw headphones.When I practice threw my combo amp by myself at home, I have a much better time hearing the differences.When I jam with people I put my hearing aid volume on 2 to start then go down from there to 1 or take em out if we are playing louder than usual.I dont like playing threw headphones,to try and learn new songs.Low volume and real speaker work better for this deff bass player.HoweverI love to feel the lows of a huge speaker pushin air baby.

17. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Welcome to the Club, @honeydorick ...yeah, both of them (this one and the hearing challenged) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jurassic Thump likes this.
  18. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    Jeez, I feel alone with my headphones :(. I’m not sure I could do the studio gigs and DAW parts I do without ‘em, so here’s hoping the old ears hold up a while longer! (I do use speakers too, just not around the wife ;). )

19. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    I played Sir Morgan's cove several times!

20. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight.

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Ah, taking me back to the Acid Test times! Two thumbs up for Owsley's air acid!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021