Bassists versus NFL players...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hategear, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Maybe this belongs in Off Topic, but...

Since we're halfway through the regular season already, I thought this was a cool idea for a thread: Which NFL player best represents you as a bassist and why? My pick would be Brad Johnson of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Why? Because like Brad, I get the job done, but people seldom notice.

2. Did you put your head into your scanner to get this cool pic for your avatar? @ Hategear

Sorry, can't contribute to the actual topic as I have no idea about sports ;)
  3. I guess Jeramy Shocky just cause he can take a big hit and act like nothing happened and then go and make a big play.
  4. Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i'd say i'm like bill gramatica because after i do something good i like to celebrate and get injured in the process. :smug:

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    What is a NFL? :confused:

6. Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    NFL is the National Football League here in the states. football in the american sense not (as we call it) soccer. ;)

7. National Football Leauge
  8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    note to self: ninja smiley doesn't work for subversive humour :D
  9. Funkee1

Jul 19, 2002
    My favorite player is Donovan McNabb (Yeah, I know- he's having a bad year), but as a bassist, I'm more like Marshall Faulk. I am (gawd this sounds egotistical) a constant thhreat. When I'm in your band, I can help you with my playing, singing, showmanship, songwriting, or whatever. I am not the best at any of these, but I'm good at ALL of them, and will use all to help my group succeed.
  10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I've always liked the nameless guys on the offensive line, and sort of think of myself that way as a player. The guys that open the holes, protect the passer, pull and make the block to spring the big run. My job is to make the "star" look good, not to draw attention to myself.

Anthony Muñoz comes to mind immedately, although he's retired. First class player, and a true first class person as well. I would be honored to be compared to him, as a bassist.
  11. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Player, I'm the offensive coordinator!:hyper:

I wrote the playbook!
  12. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    O.J. Simpson.

On bass, I just kill.
  13. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Adam Vinatieri.

I don't put up big points, but you can count on me.
  14. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I'll tell you what -- that was killer!

:D :D
  15. jim otto, former center for the raiders.

always in the middle of everything, big, mean, plays through broken bones (strings), bad sprains (blown fuses & tubes) and likes to hit things really hard.

i wanted to go with orenthal, but basstriaxis slashed his way into the lead.