Bassists who are lefties who play righty club.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Tommygunn, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Spectre1966

Spectre1966 Striving For Mediocrity Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Wallingford, CT
    Hey everyone! How are my fellow lefties handling staying home?

2. I'm left at home.

3. Spectre1966

Spectre1966 Striving For Mediocrity Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Wallingford, CT
    Very good :D

instrumentalist likes this.
  4. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    I am hopelessly totally left handed EXCEPT for things you need to buy special tools for, thus, I play bass and golf righty. I'm glad to. Better selection of everything in righty.

LYNCHMAN, McG and Spectre1966 like this.
  5. Seriously though, I'm still working. Somewhat less than usual, three days this week. I drive handicapped people.

McG likes this.
  6. JohnnyBottom

JohnnyBottom Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2002
    New Jersey
    lefty.jpg

instrumentalist, 12BitSlab and McG like this.
  7. We are all born right handed, but only the strongest characters are able to overcome it.

12BitSlab likes this.
  8. JKos

JKos Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    I'm all right. Still able to work 40 hours a week at home. More time to play given no commute and no family activities outside the house. Plenty of projects to work on.

- John

9. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Just arrivedarino... :D

left power.jpg

10. I’m still working, though, like stated earlier, more free time due to having no other commitments or commutes.

Spending time woodshedding, working in (gasp!) guitar skills, various home projects, and maintenance/minor repairs of basses, amps, and guitars. Just got a new bass that should be here Friday.

11. sign me up im a lefty that the school system tried to convert but failed. and cannot play left handed nor have the urge to try..

12. Write - Left
    Eat - Left
    Bass - Right
    Throw - Right

Very fortunate to still be working in an essential industry half from home half at our facility. Also very glad to have a hobby I can disappear into for hours to kill free time.

instrumentalist and Spectre1966 like this.
  13. Glad they failed! My mother was converted. :(

flannel cat likes this.
  14. not to hijack the thread from the topic
    ``much respects to the creator of the thread`` sorry to hear about your mom,dont know if she had a bad time but my time wasn't a good one,and at that time us leftys were a rare bird,,may as well of had satan living in me I was looked at as such,,, just like being the ugly duckling lol,,cheers!

15. I remember two of my great grandmas - one thought I was the devil and would slap my left hand when used, the other thought I was a perfect angel. I probably tended more towards the first, though sneakily enough so I would come off as the second...

16. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

Oct 17, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm on the essential list and have been doing near 12 hours on and off. They say that we will pull back next week and try to hold everybody to 40 hours now that there is an at least another month goal.

I miss playing Sundays but I got a cheap fretless just before the panic hit that I am shedding on, well 30 minutes a day

17. I remember the knuckle raps with the ruler(I feel my authority issues were planted then) I think the worse was right handed kids beating me like a rented mule for being lefty(hense the start of supressed rage and anger issues) thank god for music it got me through....cheers!

18. Hey Paul, you're member #297 in Bassists Who Are Lefties Who Play Righty Club.

19. Lefty playing Righty friends: Far too much time has passed since I have given out member numbers. Well, the wait is over. You've been patient; and without further ado let's all welcome these, the newest members of Bassists Who Are Lefties Who Play Righty Club!

They are:
    #429: tlite;
    #430: Dave814;
    #431: instrumentalist;
    #432: 58kites;
    #433: SacRush;
    #434: Paulabass;
    #435: JohnnyBottom;
    #436: flannel cat;
    #437: dmichaels10

Hope you're getting some quality bass time in during the emergency.

Dave814 and instrumentalist like this.
  20. See above for your member number.

Dave814 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021