1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bassists with dogs

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Greg Johnsen, May 14, 2006.

1. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    ok, so to counter the thread about bassists with cats, who has a dog...or 2 or 3 etc...

I have 2, Jake and Dixie. Jake is a Black Lab dalmation mutt, and Dixie is a golden retriever.

Dixie has to be one of the dumbest dogs ever, or at least one with alot of ADD! We have a glass table, and if we put a napkin on it, she jumps up trying to get it in her mouth, she doesn't learn after the first few times then gives up.

Jake, well, he's 16 so he doesn't do much besides sleep, eat, and go on walks with dixie and I.

Greg

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Storm, black lab/chow mix. I've had her for 14 years. She's named after the X Men character. She's too smart for her own good.

3. I hate dogs.

4. :O

Doggius 4:18 "And he who hateth the canines shall be cast to Hell to suffer a fate of puppies licking their faces."

haha.

I Have 2 dogs.

Siberean Husky named Martha, and her son Luke, who is husky/lab mix.

Martha was in a so called "hit and run" with a chocolate lab one time. haha. the result? 5 husky/lab mixes. Luke is the most lab-like of them all... like.... 99%.

i love my pooches.

5. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    I have two dogs. A Beagle named Annie (about 7 years old now) and a Lhasa Ahpso named Roxie (about 2 years old).

Annie is rather lazy and is slightly overweight. She resembles a sausage, but we're working on getting her back into shape. She's very calm and very friendly, albeit a little territorial. She's also a bit... well... dumb. She's gotten her head stuck in various boxes of food, gotten her jaw stuck on the door to her cage, and somehow managed to ger herself locked in my room. I still haven't figured out that last one.

Roxie is almost like a very vocal, dependent cat. She'll sit on your lap, but only if you pet her. If you don't, she'll refuse to grace you with her presence. She also barks at everything- including me. The only thing she doesn't bark at is my father, who is her true master. She clings to him like glue.

6. no pics = no dogs

7. playmybass

playmybass

Mar 28, 2004
    Tucson, Az
    Miniature Schnauzer named Maddy. Shes fat and haggard, but shes a damn good guard dog.

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Then why'd you post?

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Blue and Angus
    blue-angus.

Tiller with Blue and Angus as a pup
    tiller.

Blue and Tiller are born of a female Rhodesian Ridgeback and a male Catahoula. Angus is a pure Catahoula

10. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I have a - very large - aka fat - golden retriever that is my best bud in the world - named Sammy.

11. I love dogs, but they're just so high maintenance. I prefer cats anyway.

12. samjo.

As of Thursday i am down to these two, i miss the other one :(

13. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    Dogs RULE! Me and the girl used to have a shepard that would come onstage and crash in front of her fender twin. We are down to one dog now - hopin' for another pound shepard in July.

We also have two cats. Used to have five and that was a bit much. Two and two is good.

Ryco's good dog theorum: They're dogs, and they're good; therefore = goo' dogs!

14. zomg because I can.

15. this is me sleeping on the couch with my dogs like... 5ish years ago. i was 13 and still had glasses! :meh:

see what i mean by 99% lab? the only thing that i can really tell is that his snout is slightly longer and thinner than a pure lab's. plus, he has the mentality and vocals of a husky. haha.

Attached Files:

16. I guess I qualify as 'ambi-pets-terous' - I have both; Two kitties - Zoe and Oscar - and one Chow/Shepherd mix, Ziggy.

Recently gone are my black lab mutt of 14 years, Hershey and my black-as-midnight kitty, Jaco.
    jacoAndHershey_05-04-02.

So call me non-commital, a waffler, a glutton for furry love... but I dig all my four-legged critters.

17. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Peg;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Fro0d

Fro0d

May 7, 2006

Sorry bud, my doggy recently died. It was hard, we had to put her down: brain tumor.

Life does go on though.

I still miss her though

On a lighter note, 2 mutts 1 is a barrel with legs,

the other a black lab mix she has:
    1.managed to climb the fence at the pound and get out.
    2. tear through the screen on our second story window at our old house. Jumped through. She was completely un-harmed.
    3. walked through an electric fence (not the cheap kind either)
    4. been a pain in the arse.

19. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Usually, when someone says they don't like dogs, or they hate dogs, it usually means they're afraid of them. I have a friend who is just that way. He's even afraid of his family's Yorkie...

Anyway, no pics any time soon, but at my place we've got two dachshunds and a Jack Russell at home.

20. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

My dog Oreo is 10 years old. I'm too lazy to upload pictures so just imagine a cute Dalmation.