bassists you would like to see use a certain bass...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by f'nar f'nar, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Ok, so we all know what basses our favourite bassists use. But has anyone ever thought, hey, I wonder what that song would sound like on another bass?

Personally, I would like to hear some Ryan Martinie with a Ric, it would be cool, or even a Stingray (I love both the tones.)

I would also like to see alot of my favourite songs done on an 8 or 12 string (grouped strings) just to see what that would be like.
  2. I'd love to hear Geddy on a Sadowsky and a Stringray. :cool:
  3. Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    i want martinie to play on that 'dulla buzz more
  4. i would like to see some of those jazz guys who are amazing on 4 strings, like marcus or jaco play an ERB (although the latter is a little impossible now) and i'd also like to see the opposite...the guys who are amazing on ERB play 4 strings just to see what they would play
  5. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    John Turner on a Daisy Rock.

Peter Duncan on a Fender...wait a a'h!
  6. djcruse

Jun 3, 2002
    Norwood, MA
    How about Mingus beatin' on an old P bass?

Visually, I want to see Juan Nelson play one of the original Steinbergers. I think that would look really funny.
  7. Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    Any famous slap dude with a P with really broken in flats
  8. Flea on a Sadowsky

Justin Chancellor on a Zon, Rickenbacker, Fodera, or Ritter.

Wooten on a Ritter, Conklin or Benavente.

Me on a Lecompte ;)

Turner on a anthing but a Conklin 7 and his newly aquired Ritter 7.
  9. marty1966

Sep 24, 2004
    Steve Harris with a Rickenbacker.

Or how about John Entwistle on a fretless?
  10. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    wooten on a daisy rock

it just suits him more
  11. bassist286

Nov 22, 2001
    rhode island
    i actually have seen stephen lessard play on a flea bass, it was weird looking.
    flea-a zon fretless, or a warwick thumb, his sound would be completly different
    les claypool- a wal
    justin chancellor-a mexican fender p :D
    ryan martinie- an ibenez k5 (fieldy custom)
    fieldy- a standard tuned american fender jazz through an swr with flat eq. heh

12. From some of your recordings Matt, I think you'd sound cool on a Chapman Stick . If of course you could figure it out, I played one once and it confused the hell outta me.
  13. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Stu Zender on a Jazz
  14. Apparently Stu Zender did play a Jazz live on a few occasions - I dont have the clips to back that up though... :ninja:
  15. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    JT and a washtub bass... :D
  16. bass555

Mar 16, 2005
    I would have loved to see Entwistle on a fretless! Think of the intro to "Love Aint for Keeping"......

As it is, I just saw a DVD on JPJ playing a fretless (maple fingerboard, I think) Precision...he was pretty good, too! (understatement)
  17. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
  18. Vysous

Mar 29, 2005
    Marcus on the home made 3-string electric balalaika :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :) :)
  19. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Stu Hamm on a Kubicki...