Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BassJunkie's Bass Part Bazzar

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by BassJunkie730, Jun 21, 2005.

1. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Yes you heard that right folks, I'm loaded with parts for a graveyard of projects that fell by the way side. All are unused and still in thier boxes.

2000 Fender Genuine Replacement '57 Precision Bass Body: yep- my 1957 project bit it so I'm giving up this body. Still comes in the bag and box. $350

MIM Fender alder Jazz Body: Artic white got off a parts vendor on the Bay. $175 shipped

USA Custom Guitars Lam Top Jazz Body: Here's where things get interesting, this is a mahogany Jazz body with a 4A quilted maple top. It is rear routed and has an MM style pickup for the bridge position and a Jazz in the Neck just like a Lakland. The bridge holes are 20mm apart which is perfect for the Hipshot Style A bridge. It's unfinished so you can add your own control layout and add some through body holes. $300 shipped

USA Custom Guitars Neck: This one is a beauty. 21 fret maple neck with a nice Pau Ferro board. 1 5/8" nut width with a jazz back thickness and contour. Wide and Sleek. It has no face inlays and only has mother of pearl inlays on the side. If you wanted to have someone take the frets out this would be a KILLER fretless neck. Fender-esque headstock shape, Vintage Fender tuner size holes, truss rod at the headstock, unfinished and NO nut. Al ready for a great parts bass. $210 shipped

USA Custom Guitars Quartersawn Maple P-bass neck: I just got this one today - but I abandoned the project. This is as vintage yet stable as I could get. 20 frets, two piece construction (no walnut stripe) maple with a quartersawn back. 1 5/8" nut width, standard headstock, fits vintage fender tuners, black dot face inlays and side inlays, Truss adjust at the headstock, unfinished. $245 Shipped

SD MM4 Alnico Pickup: new in box - $75 (On Hold)

Dimarzio Ultra Jazz Neck model: new in Box - $50

Schaller Bass Machines: Just like the ones on my Dirnt Bass $55 shipped

I thought I'd throw these out here too:

1988 Heritage H150 all original with some buckle rash on the back. These babies were done the old fashioned way - Black nitro finish, made in old Gibson Kalamazoo plant, First Year of 150 production so a nice low serial number. $750 OBO

1978 Fender Bassman 70: Output tubes have been modded to 6550s (a hammond choke was added as well) and the bass channel has been rewired for some wicked mid-boost overdrive. This thing sounds killer for bass!!! The only problem is that it need a bias and for some reason it keeps blowing fuses. New caps and had a tech overhaul two years ago. I think my playing bass through it maxed out had something to do with it - it does work though - pop in a new fuse and your good to go - until it blows :D $350

Well there it is. I am certainly open to trades. None of my prices are firm but I would like to recoup my losses in these projects. I do stress that all these parts (save the amp and guitar) are complete new, unused, as if you bought them off the rack. As for the USA Custom necks - I think this is a great opportunity because now you do not have to wait nearly two months!! I need to figure out web page image hosting but if you are interested I'll send you pics too.

Due to the recent addition of a Warwick to the bass rig of doom. I am no putting up my P-bass.

Fender Mike Dirnt P-bass: Good condition, it's a definite player (go to myspace.com/havebluenyc to hear it in action) Only thing is the section of the nut for the high G has broken off - that didn't stop me from recording though hahaha. Because of that I'm putting it out there for $450 OBO

Guys, I have a lot of great top notch bass parts. I'd hate to throw them to the wolves on ebay.

~Michael

2. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    What are the fret sizes on the necks? Vintage, Jumbo, Medium....??

3. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    they are size 6150 a normal bass fret but a jumbo on a guitar neck

4. jimmyb

jimmyb An Avid Indoorsman Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Elkton, MD
  5. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    could you please send me pix of the body, USACG necks, and the Heritage???
    (jja412@yahoo.com)
    Thanks,
    Joe

6. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    I just took some pics of the bodies and the necks in various arrangements. I'll also get pics of the heritage and bassman up soon.

~Michael

7. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    [​IMG]

8. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    [​IMG]

9. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Bumpity Bump Bump - bumpity bump bump - look at Rookie go

11. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Bump for Tuesday :hyper:

12. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Bump for updates

13. jpoprock

jpoprock

Jun 7, 2005
    Kokomo, IN
    I have a Dirnt bass... and I LOVE IT. I didn't think I'd love it as much I do. It's a real keeper, and looks great too. $450 is a great "used" price. Drag on the nut being cracked though. But still, you could put a bone one in pretty easy anyway I bet. Maybe even get a pre-cut one from StewMac or something. Great great bass for the money.

Jason

14. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Free bump

Wish I could afford that p-body.:bawl: