Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BassLab Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mesafan, Jul 24, 2001.

1. mesafan

mesafan

Jul 24, 2001
    www.basslab.de

I just recently purchased one of the basses and I am amazed at how awesome it sounds. It is a blue and black color with an insane body style (check the site) and has EMGs and a Kahler tremolo. I also have an Axon midi pickup for weird sh*t.

These basses have excellent response and sound amazing. Every bassist should own one.

Any body ever tried one of these.

2. mesafan

mesafan

Jul 24, 2001
    Somebody has to be impressed by these basses.

3. How much do those basses weigh? 25 lbs?

4. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I've never seen one in person, I'd love to try one out...I've perused their site before; they are definitely original! Very unique.
    Glad you like it. I'd been wondering how they'd sound. It's a pretty radical departure from the norm... Interesting designs though.

Any recordings of it yet? I'd love to hear it...
    mark

5. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
  6. mesafan

mesafan

Jul 24, 2001
    actually they are extremely light (mine is anyway) and the low strings sound as tight as a high C which is good. Incredible response and comfortable as hell (depending on the bodystyle)

7. LowRanger

LowRanger

Dec 24, 2000
    For a VERY reasonable fee, they'll rent one to you on a ten-day basis. You're responsible for shipping both ways, but the fee itself is so ridiculously low that I'd be doing it today (if I hadn't just purchased a Fodera Monarch Deluxe 5).

If they sound as good as they look, one of these days I'm going to try one!

8. mesafan

mesafan

Jul 24, 2001
    They do sound as good as they look which is why I was so amazed with these basses.