1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bassline 7 Nation Army

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Chipsonfire, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Chipsonfire

Chipsonfire

Jul 20, 2007
    Socorro, NM
    Ok, wasn't sure where to post this so I went here :p I just went and learned 7 Nation Army by ear, and it sounds right, but I don't quite trust myself yet so I'm asking lol. What I got for the main riff is E E G E D C B and then theres that little E E G E D C D C B. This is the first song I've by ear so yeses, noes tips on learning by ear, anything is appreciated :)

2. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Yep, you got it. The only other part of the song is the G to A build up between the verse and chorus.

3. Chipsonfire

Chipsonfire

Jul 20, 2007
    Socorro, NM
    Yea that part of the song is really hard to hear on the version I'm listening to. Thanks so much for the response, it means a lot to this newb :)

4. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    What about

G------------------------------------
    D-0-0-3-0-----------0-0-3-0---------
    A----------3-1-0-------------3-1-3-0
    E------------------------------------

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I don't think the song is in D... so no.

6. Chipsonfire

Chipsonfire

Jul 20, 2007
    Socorro, NM
    No, that's definitely a little off. Besides, I don't like tabs :p Pain in the ass imo. Much rather read sheet music.

7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The only problem here is it's not a bassline.

8. check out talkguitar.com

9. I read somewhere he recorded that part with a bass.

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    It's a guitar with an octave effect.

But let me ask you this, when a keyboard player plays a bassline with his/her left hand... is it still a bassline? Yup. Same goes for a guitar playing a bassline, the octave effect puts it in the bass register so...

11. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Yes it is a bassline. Just like the bassline on Red House by Jimi. Played on a guitar but still a bassline.