Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Basslines Hot P + Hot J Stack = Noisy?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MonkeyWrench32, Mar 8, 2004.

1. In another thread I started, luknfur said that combining a Seymour Duncan Basslines Hot for P and a Hot Jazz Stack produces a lot of noice (about the same as single coils). Has anybody else had this experience? Both pickups are supposedly noise cancelling, so I have no idea why this would happen when combining the two.

I'm really leaning toward the DiMarzio P/J set because of what luknfur said and if another person can confirm this, it's DiMarzio all the way.

2. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    He's wrong, sheilded and installed correctly they wil be very quiet.

3. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    YO! I didn't say that, I said mine make a lot of racket which is not the same thing you wrote (go back and read the post). Which is why I encouraged you to post this thread to get feedback from other people. Try to be more accurate in the future or you'll piss some people off besides me.

4. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Interestingly, I was just piddling around w/ the SD website, & they have a tone configuring tool,, which recommends various pickup combinations, for the appropriate applications....

It recommended a Hot P + Hot J Stack for me... So, if SD recommends it,, I'd say they should go together....

5. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE

SD Tone tool thing is news to me, will have to check it out.

6. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    My mistake. Its called the Tone Wizard...

ToneWizard