1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Basslines MM pup question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by tjclem, Mar 22, 2006.

1. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    I am having trouble with a basslines MM system using this wiring schematic. I am getting a lot of noise especially with the volume and treble turned up.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/schematics/music_man.html

I have it wired correctly. Is it correct for the pickup to only read less than 2K OHM out of circuit? I did not ground the bridge. Any suggestions? I built the bass around this system I don't want to give up on it. Thanks .....Tom

2. The resistance reading is correct. Do ground the bridge. Triple check all ground connections. Some noise when you turn up the treble is normal, but I have a similar setup (Alnico pu and SD 2-band pre) and I'd say it's a reasonably quiet combo compared to others I've tried. Do you have any other active basses you can compare it with?

3. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Thanks for the post. Do ground the bridge? I thought this wasn't being done anymore due to potential shock issues? ..t

4. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Grounding the bridge does cut it down a little. Another strange thing is when I touch the rear pole under the "A" string I get an additional buzz that I don't get when touching any other pole?.......t