Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

basslines pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by kboyd, Aug 17, 2002.

1. kboyd

kboyd

Jul 6, 2002
    Loranger
    Any input on basslines pickups, for fretted and fretless basses, I was thinking of installing them with an aguilar preamp.

2. There are alot of pickups on that line, most of them excel at vintage tones or rock.

Is there one you have in mind specifically?

3. kboyd

kboyd

Jul 6, 2002
    Loranger
    Yes, the ASB 6 for a fretted or the steve bailey fundamental fretless system for my fretless six which is in the making

4. My Level 5 Matt Pulcinella has Basslines in them. Love the sound I get. Don't care too much for the slap contour (use it more to get a dub sound) but set flat or with just a little boost on any of the freqs, it just rules.

YMMV. Go to Matt's site. He's got an evaluation (his taste of course) of all the alternatives he can build with

Pat

5. kboyd

kboyd

Jul 6, 2002
    Loranger
    I do remember hearing Steve Bailey sounding incredible, but not knowing his entire setup, just wondered how the pickups themselves would work. I think I will give them a shot. For my fretted, I think I am going with an EMG(my normal) with an Aguilar OB-1 preamp. Thanks for the warmoth info.

6. baixotuba

baixotuba

Nov 19, 2001
    Brazil
    I had 67/70 jbass single-coils on my custom made 5 strings. Very classic jbass sound but they still have a lot of versatility. I love the full sound of the neck pickup soloed but had a litlle hum. Very good stuff.