1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

basslines quarter pound for j bass?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by aceshigh92, Aug 22, 2007.

1. any body no if they are any good?

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I like them.

3. thanks

4. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    Wow, that sentence is a grammatical failure :eek: Regardless, they sound good. They don't have a lot of mids and lean towards the brighter end of the spectrum, but sound good.

5. Liko

Liko

Mar 30, 2007
    They're pretty good; only beef I have with them is that they're single-coil, which means you'll have trouble balancing more towards one or the other pickup without noise.

6. there great pups! great punchy sound.. i have them in my modded MIM jazz.. they add alot of nice tone...

7. SuperSnake2012

SuperSnake2012 floppy b strings

Dec 12, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    They're better than the stock MIM pickups I had. They sound pretty good in a band situation, however they are slightly scooped. I play with flatwounds on my Jazz and they have a lot of bass.

8. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    i personally don't care from them as they are very scooped. i much prefer the sjb-2 hot jazz.

JR

9. ShirazBop

ShirazBop Gold Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Very Happy with them on my 2000 Alder bodied Rosewood necked MIA Jazz... Modified the controls to a stacked pots vol/tone vol/tone configuration and have bu-koo's of flexability in the "dial in"...

10. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I replaced the stockers in my '95 MIM Jazz with QPs. I didn't like them as much as the stockers personally, but they are very good pickups nonetheless. Just because I didn't like them doesn't mean you won't.

11. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I've got 'em in my jazz...love 'em...

www.myspace.com/cloudchase

listen to "Here"...I tracked it with my jazz with the 1/4 lbs...