Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Basslines SMD-5 for MM $60??

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by bassman134, Jul 8, 2002.

1. HI,

I bought a MM stingray 5 from a fellow talkbasser, who replaced the original with a Basslines pickup. I have since put the original back in and now have a magnetic paper weight. any takers? It cost me 60 bucks to have the guitar tech put the original one back in. Price is negotiable.

Thanks
    Scott

2. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    i checked the seymour duncan website, and found smb-5...

i am interested, but could you measure it? (physical dimensions - length/width/distance between poles)
    i'd like to know if it's gonna fit in my bass.

also, does it come with any electronics?
    or just the pickup itself?
    (the website says it comes with a special 3-band Tone Circuit)

thanks~

3. oops, sorry got the model # wrong. I will measure it when I get home. I can post a pic too. It is a direct replacement for a stingray 5 pickup. There is no electronics, this is just a pickup. As far as how to install it, you will have to consult a guitar tech, or maybe someone in the pickups forum.

4. Ok.. it is 1 7/8 X 4 3/8 and it is 3/4 inch deep. It has 4 wires and a shield. Sorry..no pic yet, camera batteries are dead....

5. Still got it... will trade too for something, Maybe a DI, mic(sm 58 anyone) or something...

pic 1

Pic 2

6. Mandobass

Mandobass

Nov 12, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    interested, still got em?

7. Yup... taking up space in my drawer... I take it you are interested?